REPORT: O’Rourke Makes Shocking Announcement Regarding Assault-Style Weapons
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News App offers the following information published by YAHOO.COM:
Democratic presidential candidate Beto O’Rourke called Thursday for a federal program that would confiscate assault-style weapons after a gunman with an AK-47 killed and injured dozens at a Walmart in his hometown of El Paso, Texas.
“I see more clearly than I ever have that not only do we need universal background checks, not only do we need red-flag laws that would stop somebody when they pose a danger to themselves or someone else, not only do we need to end the sale of assault weapons and weapons of war that were designed for the battlefield and have no place in our communities,” O’Rourke said during a speech in the city. “We must as a country buy those weapons, take them off the streets altogether.”
The article goes on to state the following:
On August 3, a young gunman opened fire in an El Paso Walmart, leaving 22 dead and injuring 24 more. The suspect left behind a manifesto describing his white-supremacist ideology and later confessed to police that he had intended to kill as many Hispanic immigrants as possible.
“To those places where Donald Trump has been terrorizing and terrifying and demeaning our fellow Americans, that’s where you will find me and this campaign,” said O’Rourke, who left the campaign trail for two weeks to be in El Paso with those who are grieving. “We have a racism in American that is as old as America itself. . . . But we have always tried, until now, to change that, until this president.”
— National Review (@NRO) August 15, 2019
To get more information about this article, please visit YAHOO.COM. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
DML News App offered you the above aggregated article preview as part of our ongoing effort to educate and inform people around the world about news, events, and politics. We encourage you to obtain additional information by visiting YAHOO.COM
Trending on DML News App
- BREAKING: Lead singer of rock band passes away at age 75
- BREAKING: Saudi-led coalition reports evidence indicating who’s to blame for oil plant attacks
- VIDEO: Actress Traveling America Apologizing for Her White Privilege
- REPORT: Fisherman catches strange, ‘dinosaur-like’ creature [PHOTO]
- BREAKING: State of New York takes major action to get their hands on Trump’s tax returns
- VIDEO: Omar responds to family of 9/11 victim who called her out at anniversary ceremony
- BREAKING: Dog The Bounty Hunter, 66, ‘suffers heart emergency’
- VIDEO: Father-of-three blows up home on day of daughter’s wedding
- BREAKING: NASCAR champ, 61, dies in plane crash near Rhode Island
- REPORT: Transgender Worker Gets Fired After Telling Conservative Customer To ‘Get The F*ck Out’