REPORT: Omar Went to Istanbul for Conference With Left-Wing Activists
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News offers the following information published by FreeBeacon:
Ilhan Omar attended a 2017 conference in Istanbul with left-wing advocates, including a pro-abortion group that calls for “abortions beyond laws and borders,” and activists who aim to “challenge patriarchal structures.”
Rolling Stone recently lauded the congresswoman, who has repeatedly made anti-Semitic comments, as “everything Trump is trying to ban.” Omar told the magazine she was afraid to leave the country in early 2017 after President Donald Trump signed an executive order restricting travel from seven Middle Eastern countries the administration identified as terrorist hotbeds.
“I had just gotten sworn in [to the Minnesota Legislature] two weeks before,” Omar said, remarking on the executive order 13769, signed on Jan. 27, 2017. “There was lots of chaos, people being stopped at the airports. I had a flight scheduled a week after to speak at a human-rights conference in Turkey. I didn’t know whether I could go.”
The article goes on to state the following:
The conference was in Istanbul, Turkey, which was not affected by the travel ban. Nevertheless, Omar used her upcoming appearance at the International Human Rights Defenders Conference, which was organized by the local Turkish government and the British Embassy in Ankara, as a cudgel to attack the president.
The report further stated:
Omar seemingly had no trouble, and attended the conference held at the Nazım Hikmet Culture and Art House in Istanbul on Feb. 4. She gave an interview while overseas to Kurdistan 24, bashing the president’s executive order.
Omar has not commented publicly about her appearance at the conference. Seven months after her visit to Istanbul, President of Turkey Recep Tayyip Erdoğan hosted Omar at a closed press meeting in New York.
CLICK THE LINK BELOW to read more of this exclusive report by the Free Beacon.
Congresswoman appeared alongside ‘abortions beyond laws and borders’ group https://t.co/INsBVXjTrV
— Free Beacon (@FreeBeacon) March 14, 2019
To get more information about this article, please visit FreeBeacon. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
DML News App offered you the above aggregated article preview as part of our ongoing effort to educate and inform people around the world about news, events, and politics. We encourage you to obtain additional information by visiting FreeBeacon
Trending on DML News App
- VIDEO: 2020 candidate: There’s “no question” Trump faked a disability to avoid Vietnam war
- REPORT: The Obamas are worth 30 times more than when they entered the White House their millions
- Media cries over Pelosi video
- CLAIM: Martin Luther King Jr had 40 affairs and laughed as friend raped woman
- POLL: Should illegal alien get the death penalty
- Police are searching for a missing 5-year-old Utah girl. They said the case won’t end well
- Woman dies, 10 officers hurt when vehicles crash in Chicago
- VIDEO: Hillary Clinton: Donald Trump ‘Running Scared’ from Nancy Pelosi
- Video: Fox News host Jeanine Pirro says Nancy Pelosi needs “an intervention” and is “batty”
- REPORT: Playboy model is chased out of ultra-orthodox Jewish area in New York