REPORT: Omar accuses Cheney of ‘deep seeded hate and Islamophobia’
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News App offers the following information published by TheHill.com:
Rep. Ilhan Omar (D-Minn.) on Monday accused House Republican Conference Chair Liz Cheney (R-Wyo.) of “deep seeded hate and Islamophobia” after Cheney repeatedly criticized Rep. Rashida Tlaib (D-Mich.) over her comments related to Israel and the Holocaust.
“Give it up, we all know you never met a Muslim you didn’t want to vilify!” Omar, a Muslim, said in response to a tweet from Cheney. “Your deep seeded hate and Islamophobia might be a tool to rally your base, but won’t get rid your colleagues. You just have to deal.”
The article goes on to state the following:
The remarks came as Tlaib faced mounting criticism from the GOP over remarks she made over the weekend while discussing the Israeli-Palestinian conflict.
Cheney had tweeted, “Here’s @RepRashida direct quote, “There’s a calming feeling I always tell folks when I think of the Holocaust.” And her “history” of what happened after is a fantasy based on lies spread to delegitimize the state of Israel.”
Cheney was referring to comments Tlaib made regarding Holocaust Remembrance Day on Yahoo News’s “Skullduggery” podcast. Tlaib said she gets a “kind of a calming feeling” when thinking about the Holocaust and that “it was my ancestors — Palestinians — who” suffered and sacrificed while “trying to create a safe haven for Jews, post-the Holocaust.”
Tlaib said Monda ty that she stands by her comments and that Republicans were “twisting and turning” her words to “ignite vile attacks.”
Here’s @RepRashida direct quote, “There’s a calming feeling I always tell folks when I think of the Holocaust.” And her “history” of what happened after is a fantasy based on lies spread to delegitimize the state of Israel. https://t.co/5akpUSApIE
— Liz Cheney (@Liz_Cheney) May 13, 2019
Give it up, we all know you never met a Muslim you didn’t want to vilify!
Your deep seeded hate and Islamophobia might be a tool to rally your base, but won’t get rid your colleagues. You just have to deal 💁🏽♀️ https://t.co/hMvvxLnmp5
— Ilhan Omar (@IlhanMN) May 13, 2019
To get more information about this article, please visit TheHill.com. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
DML News App offered you the above aggregated article preview as part of our ongoing effort to educate and inform people around the world about news, events, and politics. We encourage you to obtain additional information by visiting TheHill.com
Trending on DML News App
- VIDEO: Chris Cuomo Sends Sean Hannity A Message He Can’t Refuse
- REPORT: US Resident Admits Arranging Fraudulent Marriages So Individuals Would Receive Green Cards
- VIDEO: Harris Faulkner Stops Former Clinton Advisor Cold
- REPORT: McCain’s family, McCain Institute announces method to mark anniversary of his death
- VIDEO: Fox News Anchor Fires Back At Trump
- REPORT: Andrew Cuomo addresses Chris Cuomo ‘Fredo’ rant
- REPORT: Eric Trump shares name of the president’s 10th grandchild [PHOTOS]
- VIDEO: White House spokesman rips into media for refusing ‘to call out anti-Semitism’
- VIDEO: Surveillance video shows what happens when illegal aliens try to climb new border wall
- REPORT: Fact Check: Elizabeth Warren Crowd Size Reports May Be Inaccurate | Breitbart