REPORT: Off-duty sheriff’s detective struck and killed after aiding elderly woman [VIDEO]
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News App offers the following information published by FOXNEWS.COM:
An off-duty sheriff’s detective was struck and killed by a vehicle Sunday after she helped an elderly woman cross the street in Los Angeles Calif., Sheriff Alex Villanueva said.
The accident occurred around 11 a.m. when 41-year-old Amber Leist, a 12-year veteran of the Los Angeles Sheriff’s Department, returned to her car after assisting two people crossing the road in the Valley Village area. One of the pedestrians — a senior citizen — had fallen to the ground and Leist got out of her vehicle to help her, police added.
The article goes on to state the following:
“While she was returning to her vehicle, she was struck by a vehicle traveling eastbound on Riverside Drive when the light had turned green,” Villanueva said at a 6 p.m. news conference on Sunday.
Today, @LASDHQ is grieving. We are shocked/stunned by the sudden loss of a family member. Amber Leist, a @WHDLASD detective, and 12 year veteran of LASD, was fatally struck by a vehicle in @LACity while assisting others. She was an outstanding detective who lead by example. pic.twitter.com/PcNIlAfTz8
— Alex Villanueva (@LACoSheriff) January 13, 2020
Sometimes, no words are necessary. pic.twitter.com/YqRRRLQcVS
— LA County Sheriffs (@LASDHQ) January 13, 2020
Police vehicles escort the coroner’s van carrying the body of #LASD detective Amber Leist. The off-duty detective was helping a pedestrian who fell while crossing a street when she was struck and killed by a car. pic.twitter.com/vzJUuOYCAl
— Amy Powell (@abc7amy) January 13, 2020
Earlier this morning @LASDHQ Detective Amber Leist was tragically killed off-duty helping a person who had fallen in the street. Our thoughts are with her family and our brothers & sisters at the Sheriffs Office. pic.twitter.com/8e3htg5yEl
— LAPD Hollywood Division (@LAPDHollywood) January 13, 2020
— CHP Headquarters (@CHP_HQ) January 13, 2020
To get more information about this article, please visit FOXNEWS.COM. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
DML News App offered you the above aggregated article preview as part of our ongoing effort to educate and inform people around the world about news, events, and politics. We encourage you to obtain additional information by visiting FOXNEWS.COM
Trending on DML News App
- REPORT: Details emerge of CDC funding cuts repeatedly sought by Obama admin, despite Biden’s attacks on Trump preparedness
- REPORT: Trump wants THIS to appear on economic relief checks, WSJ claims
- REPORT: Virus cases surging in California, mayor warns his city is days away from being next NYC
- REPORT: Widespread flushing of toilet paper ‘alternatives’ causing major problems [PHOTO]
- REPORT: Haiti hospital chief kidnapped amid coronavirus emergency [VIDEO]
- REPORT: Riots erupt in China’s coronavirus epicentre Wuhan; riot police clash with civilians
- REPORT: 15,000 Indians may have been infected by ‘super-spreader’ guru
- REPORT: Princess becomes first royal to die from coronavirus
- REPORT: 66 Residents of One Nursing Home Have COVID-19
- BREAKING: CDC issues travel advisory for residents of 3 US states