REPORT: Ocasio-Cortez’s Chief of Staff admits REAL purpose of Green New Deal
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News App offers the following information published by FreeBeacon:
Saikat Chakrabarti, chief of staff for New York representative Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez (D.), said that the Green New Deal was not about the climate, but rather about tearing down the economy and building a new one, according to a report from The Washington Post.
“The interesting thing about the Green New Deal is it wasn’t originally a climate thing at all,” Chakrabarti said, according to the Post. “Do you guys think of it as a climate thing? Because we really think of it as a how-do-you-change-the-entire-economy thing.”
The article goes on to state the following:
Chakrabarti made the comments during a meeting with Sam Ricketts, the climate director for presidential candidate Jay Inslee.
Rep. Ocasio-Cortez tweeted approvingly about Inslee’s climate proposal, calling it “the most serious + comprehensive one to address our crisis.” Climate change is the centerpiece of Inslee’s run for president.
.@JayInslee’s climate plan is the most serious + comprehensive one to address our crisis in the 2020 field.
It meets key marks:
✅ Big enough
✅ Fast enough
✅ Economically stimulating for working people
✅ Acknowledges injustice + w/ an eye to make communities whole https://t.co/C7nyEsdUxk
— Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez (@AOC) May 18, 2019
AOC’s chief of staff has this to say on the Green New Deal: “Do you guys think of it as a climate thing?” Chakrabarti continued. “Because we really think of it as a how-do-you-change-the-entire-economy thing.” https://t.co/nkN4GWSZZ5
— Rick Klein (@rickklein) July 11, 2019
Ocasio-Cortez has continued to keep her video pushing her “Green New Deal” pinned to the top of her Twitter page since April.
Climate change is here + we’ve got a deadline: 12 years left to cut emissions in half.
A #GreenNewDeal is our plan for a world and a future worth fighting for.
How did we get here?
What is at stake?
And where are we going?
Please watch & share widely ⬇️pic.twitter.com/IMCtS86VXG
— Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez (@AOC) April 17, 2019
How Saikat Chakrabarti became AOC’s chief of change – The Washington Post https://t.co/z3Lz8CEACx
— The Washington Post Magazine (@wpmagazine) July 10, 2019
Ocasio-Cortez’s Chief of Staff: Green New Deal About Changing Economyhttps://t.co/Inpfec2vFB
— Free Beacon (@FreeBeacon) July 11, 2019
To get more information about this article, please visit FreeBeacon. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
DML News App offered you the above aggregated article preview as part of our ongoing effort to educate and inform people around the world about news, events, and politics. We encourage you to obtain additional information by visiting FreeBeacon
Trending on DML News App
- BREAKING: Schiff makes announcement on releasing impeachment inquiry transcripts to the public
- REPORT: Impeachment gets real: McConnell gives Senate Republicans tutorial on Trump trial
- REPORT: Ilhan Omar Continues To Divert Campaign Funds To Alleged Boyfriend’s Company
- VIDEO: Trump called Pelosi a ‘third-rate politician’ during Syria meeting, top Democrats say
- VIDEO: Lindsey Graham threatens to become ‘Trump’s worst nightmare’
- BREAKING: 4th defendant in case involving Rudy Giuliani associates arrested at airport
- BREAKING: House votes on resolution rebuking Trump over withdrawal of U.S. forces from Syria
- REPORT: Democratic presidential debate question about Ellen sparks outrage
- VIDEO: Pelosi doubles down on Trump ‘meltdown’: ‘We have to pray for his health’
- Trump Tweets: ‘The Do Nothing Democrats’ and ‘Nervous Nancy’s Unhinged Meltdown’ [PICTURES]