REPORT: Ocasio-Cortez contemplating next political move
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News App offers the following information published by DailyMail:
Democratic Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez may tire of life in the House of Representatives and look to move to the United States Senate, it was speculated upon on Monday.
Sources told Axios that the freshman lawmaker was contemplating her next political move and looking at challenging one of New York’s senators – either Chuck Schumer or Kirsten Gillibrand – in their next primary.
The article goes on to state the following:
Schumer, who serves as Democratic Leader in the Senate, is next up for re-election in 2022 and Gillibrand, who is running for president, is up in 2024.
Axios reporter Mike Allen laid out the talk he’s heard from ‘top Democrats’ on the news outlet’s HBO show.
According to him, New York Democrats see Ocasio-Cortez replacing the Clintons and Obamas the ‘go-to’ endorsement in the Democratic Part; teaming up with Sen. Elizabeth Warren to push a liberal agenda; and, finally, ‘Democrats think/fear she will challenge one of the New York Democrats,’ Allen said.
CLICK HERE to read more from the Daily Mail.
AOC could run for Senate next – and might run against Chuck Schumer in a primary to make the jump https://t.co/ApYjjYvmhX
— Daily Mail US (@DailyMail) June 10, 2019
AOC’s possible next step: primarying Schumer in 2022 or Gillibrand in 2024 for a Senate seat from New York, sources tell Axios on HBO. https://t.co/Q2UyrtYyMY
— Axios (@axios) June 10, 2019
To get more information about this article, please visit DailyMail. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
DML News founder Dennis Michael Lynch discusses the homeless crisis in America and premiers 15-minutes of his new film on the subject in the video below. CLICK HERE to learn more. WATCH video below:
DML News App offered you the above aggregated article preview as part of our ongoing effort to educate and inform people around the world about news, events, and politics. We encourage you to obtain additional information by visiting DailyMail
Trending on DML News App
- POLL: Is Fox Moving to the Left?
- REPORT: Major retailer experiencing widespread register outages; customers irate
- Trump newest tweet warns of a stock market crash
- REPORT: Jim Acosta’s Embarrassing Book Signing
- REPORT: Nationwide ‘Impeach Donald Trump’ Rallies Launch Saturday
- REPORT: Flight forced to change course after passenger assaulted flight attendant
- BREAKING: Trump accuses New York Times of treason
- REPORT: DOJ inspector general resolved ‘hang up’ on first Carter Page FISA application [VIDEO]
- REPORT: Financial disclosure shows the millions of dollars Ivanka Trump earned from DC Trump hotel
- REPORT: 1 killed, 3 injured after shooting at Costco