REPORT: Ocasio-Cortez blasts Alabama abortion law, solicits donations to Planned Parenthood
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News App offers the following information published by TheHill.com:
Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez (D-N.Y.) on Wednesday solicited donations for Planned Parenthood in the wake of Alabama’s state legislature passing one of the nation’s most restrictive abortion measures.
The Alabama bill, which awaits Gov. Kay Ivey’s (R) signature after passing the state senate 25-6 on Tuesday, bans the procedure in all cases except to save the life of the mother, with no exceptions for rape or incest.
The article goes on to state the following:
“That means a child who is raped will be forced to carry that pregnancy by their rapist to term. With a maximum penalty of 99 years in jail, Alabama will officially punish people who seek abortions more harshly than people convicted of rape,” Ocasio-Cortez’s campaign said in an email to supporters Wednesday.
“By jailing women who only seek to exercise their right, Alabama Republicans have taken yet another step towards pushing us back into the past — in their endless quest to return women to second-class citizen status,” she added.
This law would force children – 12 year olds – to carry a pregnancy by their rapist.
This law would force people w/ mental disabilities to carry pregnancy by rape to term.
This law forces people to be pregnant against their own consent. It’s horrifying.
— Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez (@AOC) May 15, 2019
blockquote class=”twitter-tweet” data-lang=”en”>
— The Hill (@thehill) May 15, 2019
To get more information about this article, please visit TheHill.com. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
DML News App offered you the above aggregated article preview as part of our ongoing effort to educate and inform people around the world about news, events, and politics. We encourage you to obtain additional information by visiting TheHill.com
Trending on DML News App
- UPDATE: Trump responds to U.S. judge’s ruling on financial records
- VIDEO: Trump holds MAGA rally in Pennsylvania
- REPORT: House Democrat shares text exchange with son about impeaching Trump
- BREAKING: Cohen identified which Trump associate told him to lie, allegedly
- REPORT: Illegal Convicted of Raping Dog to Death Released by Sanctuary State
- VIDEO: Anti-Trump actor makes odd statement about Trump winning in 2020
- BREAKING: DOJ offers a deal to House Intel Committee if Schiff drops threat against Barr
- BREAKING: Nadler goes after two former Trump White House aides with subpoenas
- REPORT: Lynch on whether Obama ordered politically motivated infiltration of Trump campaign
- REPORT: Fox News commentator attacks Trump, fires back at his criticism of the channel