REPORT: Obama’s campaign manager warns Democrats to avoid nominating top 2020 candidate
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News App offers the following information published by The Daily Wire:
Former President Barack Obama’s 2012 campaign manager, Jim Messina, has a message for Democrats seeking to dethrone President Donald Trump in 2020: don’t nominate Sen. Bernie Sanders (I-VT).
Messina made the comments in an interview with Politico, published Sunday.
The article goes on to state the following:
“If I were a campaign manager for Donald Trump and I look at the field, I would very much want to run against Bernie Sanders,” Messina said. “I think the contrast is the best. He can say, ‘I’m a business guy, the economy’s good and this guy’s a socialist.’ I think that contrast for Trump is likely one that he’d be excited about in a way that he wouldn’t be as excited about Biden or potentially Mayor Pete or some of the more Midwestern moderate candidates.”
“From a general election perspective, socialism is not going to be what Democrats are going to want to defend,” he continued. “If you’re the Democratic nominee for the Montana Senate race, you don’t want to spend the election talking about socialism.”
— The Daily Wire (@realDailyWire) January 12, 2020
Barack Obama’s 2012 campaign manager is warning that Democrats would struggle in a general election against Donald Trump if Bernie Sanders is the nomineehttps://t.co/tOtELCs2a5
— POLITICO (@politico) January 12, 2020
To get more information about this article, please visit The Daily Wire. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
DML News App offered you the above aggregated article preview as part of our ongoing effort to educate and inform people around the world about news, events, and politics. We encourage you to obtain additional information by visiting The Daily Wire
Trending on DML News App
- WHY DO THIS TO TRUMP? Fox News Poll reveals anti-Trump sentiment
- GOT TO SEE: Joy Villa shocks liberals with Pro-Trump dress at Grammys
- HYPOCRISY: Dems seeking to impeach Trump for blocking aid to Ukraine, voted against the same thing
- VIDEO: Schiff scoffs at GOP calls for his testimony in impeachment trial
- REPORT: Schiff fires back at Trump: ‘What are you hiding?’
- VIDEO: Schiff says Trump tweet is ‘intended to be’ a threat
- REPORT: Trump rips Chuck Todd for ‘softball’ Schiff interview
- VIDEO: Dershowitz speaks out on case Democrats laid out in Senate trial
- REPORT: 2020 hopeful celebrates after qualifying poll puts him back on Democratic debate stage
- UPDATE: FIFTH coronavirus case now confirmed in US; infection can spread before symptoms show