REPORT: Obama remembers Mandela’s release from prison
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News App offers the following information published by TheHill.com:
Former President Barack Obama commemorated the 30-year anniversary of Nelson Mandela’s release from prison on Tuesday, noting the hope he felt and the chance the event presented to build a better world.
“Thirty years on, I remember the hope we all felt watching Mandela’s release from prison,” Obama tweeted. “The gift of a new way of seeing. The chance to participate in the work of building a better world. The ultimate example of perseverance and faith for each new generation to follow.”
The article goes on to state the following:
Mandela was released on Feb. 11, 1990, after spending 27 years in prison for fighting against South Africa’s apartheid system of racial segregation.
The Hill noted that Mandela became South Africa’s first black president, four years after his release from prison. He died during Obama’s second term in office.
Thirty years on, I remember the hope we all felt watching Mandela’s release from prison. The gift of a new way of seeing. The chance to participate in the work of building a better world. The ultimate example of perseverance and faith for each new generation to follow.
— Barack Obama (@BarackObama) February 11, 2020
To get more information about this article, please visit TheHill.com. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
DML News App offered you the above aggregated article preview as part of our ongoing effort to educate and inform people around the world about news, events, and politics. We encourage you to obtain additional information by visiting TheHill.com
Trending on DML News App
- VIDEO: Karl Rove: ‘Not so fast’ on narrative that Bernie Sanders is the front-runner
- REPORT: New survey reveals chances of a Sanders-Warren ticket
- VIDEO: McCarthy weighs in on socialism in the 2020 race
- VIDEO: Trump administration rule to restrict green cards for welfare-reliant immigrants takes effect
- EXCLUSIVE: Clinton accuser Juanita Broaddrick issues statement on Weinstein verdict
- VIDEO: Pelosi takes to the streets in San Francisco. Here’s why
- BREAKING: Harvey Weinstein rerouted to hospital on way to jail
- DML LIVE: Trump rocks, Bernie offers fake promises and hides truth
- REPORT: NY paper suggests how Democrats may try to get Ocasio-Cortez out of Congress
- VIDEO: ‘Michelle Obama loved him’: Trump blasts Democrats for relationships with Harvey Weinstein