REPORT: Obama celebrates after Democrat victories
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News App offers the following information published by TheHill.com:
Former President Obama on Wednesday celebrated what he called a “great night” after Democrats notched key victories in both Kentucky and Virginia on the off-year Election Day.
“Proud of all the Americans who showed up to vote yesterday, electing a set of hopeful, forward-thinking leaders primed to protect Medicaid, draw fair voting maps, and reduce gun violence,” Obama wrote on Twitter Wednesday.
The article goes on to state the following:
Democrats on Tuesday flipped both chambers of the Virginia legislature blue, giving the party complete control of the state government for the first time since 1994.
Proud of all the Americans who showed up to vote yesterday, electing a set of hopeful, forward-thinking leaders primed to protect Medicaid, draw fair voting maps, and reduce gun violence. A great night for our country—one that’ll leave a lasting legacy.
— Barack Obama (@BarackObama) November 6, 2019
Three days before the election, Obama had blasted out a list of endorsements for Virginia Democrat candidates:
Proud to endorse an outstanding group of Virginia Democrats in Tuesday’s election—candidates who’ll not only advance the causes of equality, justice, and decency, but help ensure that the next decade of voting maps are drawn fairly. That’s good policy—and good for our politics. pic.twitter.com/IljmKBq7Gm
— Barack Obama (@BarackObama) November 2, 2019
— The Hill (@thehill) November 6, 2019
To get more information about this article, please visit TheHill.com. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
DML News App offered you the above aggregated article preview as part of our ongoing effort to educate and inform people around the world about news, events, and politics. We encourage you to obtain additional information by visiting TheHill.com
Trending on DML News App
- VIDEOS: Bronx streets descend into chaos as looters run wild: ‘Fordham is on fire’
- OpEd: STONE: Now That I’m Ungagged, I’d Like To Say A Few Things About My Prosecution
- VIDEO: Florida sheriff ‘highly recommends’ what home owners should do to looters
- VIDEO: Officer suspended after punching woman who was beating on fellow officer
- VIDEO: Ben Carson speaks out on protests and rioting across the nation
- WATCH: CNN’s Jim Acosta Shouts at Trump: ‘Is This Still a Democracy?’
- BREAKING: Zuckerberg releases statement on Trump’s controversial tweet about looting and shooting
- VIDEO: Ilhan Omar claims rioters were ‘terrorized’ by National Guard, police
- REPORT: Twitter restricts tweet from Rep. Matt Gaetz for ‘glorifying violence’
- REPORT: Trump gives Grenell something special after he steps down