REPORT: NYT: Cohen’s ‘Back Channel’ Attempt at Pardon
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News offers the following information published by NYTimes.com:
Before he pleaded guilty and began assisting federal prosecutors last summer, Michael D. Cohen, President Trump’s former fixer, spoke with a lawyer who agreed to reach out to the president’s legal team on his behalf.
The lawyer, Robert J. Costello, had about a dozen conversations with Mr. Trump’s lead lawyer, Rudolph W. Giuliani, according to emails and documents reviewed by The New York Times and interviews with people involved in the matter. In one email, the discussions were characterized as a “back channel of communication.”
The article goes on to state the following:
During one of the conversations last April, Mr. Costello said in an interview, he asked whether Mr. Trump might put a pardon “on the table” for Mr. Cohen, who was under federal investigation for a variety of possible crimes, including arranging hush-money payments to two women who had said they had affairs with Mr. Trump. Mr. Giuliani told Mr. Costello that the president was unwilling to discuss pardons at that time, Mr. Costello said in the interview, and they did not discuss it again.
To get more information about this article, please visit NYTimes.com. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
DML News App offered you the above aggregated article preview as part of our ongoing effort to educate and inform people around the world about news, events, and politics. We encourage you to obtain additional information by visiting NYTimes.com
Trending on DML News App
- EXCLUSIVE: Comey responds after Trump orders declassification of surveillance documents
- REPORT: Schiff lambasts Trump’s order to intel agencies to cooperate with Barr probe
- BREAKING: Trump strikes, orders declassification of documents, cooperation with Barr
- POLL: Do you support Trump’s move to declassify documents related to the surveillance of his campaign?
- BREAKING: Facebook announces decision on viral doctored Pelosi video
- REPORT: Pelosi’s daughter launches Twitterstorm, rips altered videos
- REPORT: Edward Snowden issues statement after Julian Assange charged with espionage
- BREAKING: Lone Republican blocks House passage of disaster relief bill
- REPORT: Mother and twin daughters starved to death in apartment
- REPORT: New details emerge on judge who upheld subpoenas on Trump’s bank records