REPORT: NYT claims Trump revived sanctuary city plan to distract from Mueller report release
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News App offers the following information published by TheHill.com:
President Trump reportedly publicly revived an earlier proposal to release migrants in sanctuary cities in part to distract from lingering questions about special counsel Robert Mueller’s report, according to the New York Times..
Shortly after news broke that the administration had rejected the idea, Trump sent a series of tweets claiming it was still being considered. Trump has deliberately escalated his language to enliven his base since the Mueller investigation’s conclusion, according to the Times.
The article goes on to state the following:
Once Attorney General William Barr delivers the redacted report, the White House reportedly plans to have aides speed-read it, skipping all sections related to potential criminal conspiracy and reading only the section on why Mueller was unable to determine whether Trump obstructed justice.
Trump has pushed the idea of sending immigrant detainees to sanctuary cities, “in part, people close to him said, to distract from the Mueller report.” https://t.co/zNZgceJ2OH pic.twitter.com/HeRgTeJKsi
— Eric Umansky (@ericuman) April 15, 2019
— Law & Crime (@lawcrimenews) April 14, 2019
To get more information about this article, please visit TheHill.com. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
DML News App offered you the above aggregated article preview as part of our ongoing effort to educate and inform people around the world about news, events, and politics. We encourage you to obtain additional information by visiting TheHill.com
Trending on DML News App
- BREAKING: Supreme Court conservatives signal possible support for census citizenship question
- VIDEO: Woman missing for five days is found alive in her wrecked car
- REPORT: Ilhan Omar claims US forces killed ‘thousands’ of Somalis in resurfaced tweet
- BREAKING: Militia leader allegedly said group was ‘training’ to kill Obama, Clinton, and Soros
- VIDEO: Hillary Clinton breaks her silence on Mueller report, discusses potential Trump impeachment
- REPORT: Jacqui Saburido, who became the face of anti-drunk driving campaigns, dead at age 40 [VIDEOS]
- FACT CHECK: Did Ilhan Omar Tweet ‘They Reap What They Sow’ During The Notre Dame Fire?
- REPORT: Jordan demands answers over Democrats’ secret meetings about Trump-focused probes
- REPORT: US military reviewing rules after soldiers on American soil surrendered pistol to Mexican troops
- TRUMP TWITTER STORM: Announcement, “PRESIDENTIAL HARASSMENT!”, “COUP Update”, Melania’s Easter tweet and more!