REPORT: NYC public schools announce new policy on students changing gender, name
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News App offers the following information published by BREITBART.COM:
The New York City Department of Education announced recently that all students will be permitted to change their names and genders at will.
According to a press release, students at the New York City public school will be permitted to change their name and gender without providing proper legal documentation. Instead of first changing their name at city hall, students will be permitted to change their personal identifiers with the New York City school system itself. However, students will be required to obtain their parent’s permission before requesting a name change.
The article goes on to state the following:
The new policy, which was highlighted this week by The College Fix, was announced by New York City Schools Chancellor Richard Carranza, who argued that the policy will provide comprehensive support for transgender students.
New York City Mayor Bill de Blasio’s wife Chirlane McCray, tweeted in support of the new police, writing, “Our city’s LGBTQ young people deserve to live freely, with respect and without fear. I’m proud New York City is leading the way to that goal and investing in our young people’s futures. #Pride.”
Our city’s LGBTQ young people deserve to live freely, with respect and without fear. I’m proud New York City is leading the way to that goal and investing in our young people’s futures. #Pride https://t.co/8qXqzdjTzQ
— Chirlane McCray (@NYCFirstLady) July 5, 2019
The press release included the following statement:
For the first time, students will be able to change their name and gender on school records with a parent or guardian’s permission, without legal documentation. Families will also be able to self-report their child’s gender upon enrolling in a DOE school.
The guidelines will take effect at the start of the 2019-20 school year and ensure that students’ identities are affirmed, respected, and supported in schools.
“Schools are safe havens for students to develop their passions and discover their true identities, and these new guidelines celebrate and affirm all students,” said Schools Chancellor Richard A. Carranza. “This Pride Month, I’m thrilled to send a clear message to our students—we celebrate you, we respect you, and we support you.”
The New York City Department of Education announced recently that all students will be permitted to change their names and genders at will. https://t.co/7CziKTGXGD
— Breitbart News (@BreitbartNews) July 8, 2019
To get more information about this article, please visit BREITBART.COM. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
DML News App offered you the above aggregated article preview as part of our ongoing effort to educate and inform people around the world about news, events, and politics. We encourage you to obtain additional information by visiting BREITBART.COM
Trending on DML News App
- VIDEO: CBS’s Gayle King asks Pressley whether calling Trump ‘occupant’ of the Oval Office is respectful
- VIDEO: ‘Morning Joe’ drags out nearly 30-yr-old footage of Trump with Jeffrey Epstein at Mar-a-Lago party
- BREAKING: Major development in sexual assault case against actor Kevin Spacey
- REPORT: Republican support for Trump shifts after his ‘go back’ tweets
- BREAKING: Judge makes sudden announcement on probe tied to Trump hush-money payments
- REPORT: NBC Fails To Mention Democrat Who Entered Mar-A-Lago Alongside Epstein In 1992
- REPORT: Here are the 95 Democrats who voted to support impeachment
- BREAKING: Results: House votes on resolution to impeach Trump
- REPORT: House Dems Unload On ‘The Squad’ — ‘It Makes People’s Skin Crawl’
- BREAKING: Ocasio-Cortez gets new 2020 challenger: a Republican immigrant