REPORT: NY gov raps Amazon critics amid report company’s rethinking
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News offers the following information published by ABCNews.GO.com:
Gov. Andrew Cuomo warned Friday about what he called “political pandering” to critics of Amazon‘s proposed secondary headquarters amid a report that the company is reconsidering its planned New York City headquarters. But opponents said they’d keep fighting a project they consider corporate welfare.
The back-and-forth came after The Washington Post reported that Amazon is having second thoughts because of some local politicians’ opposition to the nearly $3 billion incentive package. The report cited two unnamed people familiar with the company’s thinking. In response, Amazon would say only that it’s engaging with small business owners, community leaders and educators, pointing to its pledges to fund high school computer science classes and contribute to job training.
Noting the Post’s report, Cuomo accused the state Senate — whose leader recently tapped an Amazon critic for a board that might have sway over the project’s subsidies — of “governmental malpractice” and siding with those who are “pandering to the local politics.”
“And that’s what could stop Amazon,” he said at an unrelated event on Long Island. “I’ve never seen a more absurd situation where political pandering, and obvious pandering, so defeats a bona fide economic development project. It is irresponsible to allow political opposition to overcome sound government policy.”
To get more information about this article, please visit ABCNews.GO.com. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
DML News App offered you the above aggregated article preview as part of our ongoing effort to educate and inform people around the world about news, events, and politics. We encourage you to obtain additional information by visiting ABCNews.GO.com
Trending on DML News App
- VIDEO: Chris Cuomo Sends Sean Hannity A Message He Can’t Refuse
- REPORT: US Resident Admits Arranging Fraudulent Marriages So Individuals Would Receive Green Cards
- REPORT: Andrew Cuomo addresses Chris Cuomo ‘Fredo’ rant
- VIDEO: Harris Faulkner Stops Former Clinton Advisor Cold
- REPORT: McCain’s family, McCain Institute announces method to mark anniversary of his death
- REPORT: Warren draws crowd of 12,000 in surge reminiscent of Trump’s ‘surprising momentum’ in 2016
- VIDEO: Conservative actor declares Trump the ‘greatest president of this century’
- VIDEO: Fox News Anchor Fires Back At Trump
- REPORT: Eric Trump shares name of the president’s 10th grandchild [PHOTOS]
- VIDEO: Surveillance video shows what happens when illegal aliens try to climb new border wall