REPORT: Northam’s blackface scandal unmasks another complaint: Environmental racism
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News offers the following information published by NBCNews.com:
The racist photo on the medical school yearbook page of Virginia Gov. Ralph Northam repulsed Richard Walker, a black community activist in Richmond who campaigned and voted for him in 2017.
Walker wanted to believe in a governor whom he had knocked on doors for, and hoped would continue the work of other Democrats on issues such as criminal justice reform and helping minority communities.
The article goes on to state the following:
But in actuality, he had already turned on Northam months before the picture came to light: The governor had played a role in allowing the approval of a natural gas compressor station in the historically black community of Union Hill, where Walker’s great-grandfather purchased land as a freed slave in 1885.
Northam’s blackface scandal unmasks another complaint: environmental racism. https://t.co/IV278esPPz
— NBC News (@NBCNews) February 9, 2019
To get more information about this article, please visit NBCNews.com. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
DML News App offered you the above aggregated article preview as part of our ongoing effort to educate and inform people around the world about news, events, and politics. We encourage you to obtain additional information by visiting NBCNews.com
Trending on DML News App
- VIDEO: ‘Bombshell’ report on James Comey coming in two weeks, attorney says
- VIDEO: Florida sheriff just loses it while describing MASSIVE drug trafficking bust
- VIDEO: R. Kelly Civil Lawsuit Ends In Default Judgement Against Singer–See Why
- BREAKING: Twitter CEO called Rep. Ilhan Omar about Trump’s 911 tweet
- REPORT: Ocasio-Cortez suffers social media gaffe by criticizing photo of ‘GOP’ politician who is actually a Democrat
- BREAKING: Outrage erupts over $2M bill from North Korea for Otto Warmbier’s care
- REPORT: First woman elected to lead Dallas County GOP dies unexpectedly at 47
- REPORT: FBI, IRS agents search Baltimore Mayor’s homes, City Hall
- BREAKING: Boston-area judge charged with helping undocumented immigrant elude ICE
- VIDEO: Joe Biden says he wants to make America ‘straight’ again