REPORT: New York Times is making a major change in its international edition
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News App offers the following information published by TheHill.com:
The New York Times on Monday announced that it would no longer publish political cartoons in its international edition, a move that comes more than a month after the publication faced widespread condemnation for posting an anti-Semitic cartoon.
James Bennet, The Times’ editorial page editor, said in a statement that the newspaper would officially stop publishing editorial cartoons on July 1 after more than year of deliberation.
The article goes on to state the following:
Bennet issued the statement just hours after cartoonist Patrick Chappatte revealed The Times’ plans in a blog post. Chappatte, an editorial cartoonist for The Times’ international edition, linked the decision to the “widespread outrage” that followed after the paper published an anti-Semitic illustration of Israeli Prime MinisterBenjamin Netanyahu and President Trump.
Our statement in response to ending daily political cartoons in the international edition of The New York Times. pic.twitter.com/riwljujoZq
— NYTimes Communications (@NYTimesPR) June 10, 2019
THE NEW YORK TIMES WILL END ALL POLITICAL CARTOONS I just learned, weeks after they published a syndicated Netanyahu cartoon that caused a scandal. For me, this is the end of an adventure that began 20 years ago. But the stakes are much higher. READ HERE: https://t.co/o8y43v88Yd pic.twitter.com/NBH0uyw9Jf
— Chappatte Cartoons (@PatChappatte) June 10, 2019
This is a horrible decision by the NYT. https://t.co/wRuSbIRpsU
— Jake Tapper (@jaketapper) June 10, 2019
The NYT is to stop running political cartoons by July. Incredible, and incredibly bad, decision. https://t.co/NqTOYGcY0W
— Hicham Yezza (@HichamYezza) June 10, 2019
The NYT says the decision to stop running editorial cartoons in overseas editions was being contemplated before the anti-Semitic cartoon mess in April. But now it’s a done deal. Here’s my full story https://t.co/o7jEzZLI8H
— Brian Stelter (@brianstelter) June 11, 2019
To get more information about this article, please visit TheHill.com. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
DML News founder Dennis Michael Lynch discusses the homeless crisis in America and premiers 15-min of his new film on the subject in the video below. Watch:
DML News App offered you the above aggregated article preview as part of our ongoing effort to educate and inform people around the world about news, events, and politics. We encourage you to obtain additional information by visiting TheHill.com
Trending on DML News App
- VIDEO: Chris Cuomo Sends Sean Hannity A Message He Can’t Refuse
- REPORT: US Resident Admits Arranging Fraudulent Marriages So Individuals Would Receive Green Cards
- REPORT: Andrew Cuomo addresses Chris Cuomo ‘Fredo’ rant
- REPORT: McCain’s family, McCain Institute announces method to mark anniversary of his death
- VIDEO: Harris Faulkner Stops Former Clinton Advisor Cold
- REPORT: Warren draws crowd of 12,000 in surge reminiscent of Trump’s ‘surprising momentum’ in 2016
- VIDEO: Conservative actor declares Trump the ‘greatest president of this century’
- VIDEO: Fox News Anchor Fires Back At Trump
- REPORT: Eric Trump shares name of the president’s 10th grandchild [PHOTOS]
- VIDEO: CNN segment goes off the rails, commentator rages against ‘white men’