REPORT: New York reaches out to famous multimillionaire for help with coronavirus needs
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News App offers the following information published by FOXNEWS.COM:
After Tesla CEO Elon Musk made good on his promise to deliver ventilators to California to aid with the coronavirus pandemic, New York is now asking the tech titan to pitch in.
New York Assemblyman Sean Ryan wrote a letter to Musk on Tuesday, pleading with him to build ventilators in the company’s Buffalo, N.Y., factory, according to Buffalo News, which first reported the story.
The article goes on to state the following:
“New York State is the most impacted state in the nation,” Ryan wrote, according to the news outlet. “It makes sense that increased ventilator production would happen here to ensure we can meet the growing demand of our health care system.”
From Buffalo News:
Musk said in a tweet on Saturday that he had a good talk with medical device maker Medtronic about ventilators – a breathing apparatus that could be in acutely short supply as the coronavirus outbreak spreads and affects more patients.
Just had a long engineering discussion with Medtronic about state-of-the-art ventilators. Very impressive team!
— Elon Musk (@elonmusk) March 21, 2020
“We are grateful for the discussion with Elon Musk and Tesla as we work across industries to solve problems and get patients and hospitals the tools they need to continue saving lives,” Medtronic said. “We’re all in this together.”
Tesla recently announced a plan to begin making ventilators.
With solar production at the Buffalo factory temporarily suspended, Tesla should quickly ramp up ventilator production in Buffalo to help meet the growing need due to COVID-19.https://t.co/WgcXF5KAk9
— Assemblyman Sean Ryan (@SeanMRyan149) March 24, 2020
The factory in question is temporarily closed due to the coronavirus pandemic. It is used to make solar panels and is subsidized by the state of New York, Fox News reports.
To get more information about this article, please visit FOXNEWS.COM. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
DML News App offered you the above aggregated article preview as part of our ongoing effort to educate and inform people around the world about news, events, and politics. We encourage you to obtain additional information by visiting FOXNEWS.COM
Trending on DML News App
- REPORT: Details emerge of CDC funding cuts repeatedly sought by Obama admin, despite Biden’s attacks on Trump preparedness
- REPORT: Trump wants THIS to appear on economic relief checks, WSJ claims
- REPORT: Riots erupt in China’s coronavirus epicentre Wuhan; riot police clash with civilians
- REPORT: Virus cases surging in California, mayor warns his city is days away from being next NYC
- REPORT: Widespread flushing of toilet paper ‘alternatives’ causing major problems [PHOTO]
- REPORT: 15,000 Indians may have been infected by ‘super-spreader’ guru
- REPORT: Princess becomes first royal to die from coronavirus
- REPORT: 66 Residents of One Nursing Home Have COVID-19
- BREAKING: CDC issues travel advisory for residents of 3 US states
- REPORT: Haiti hospital chief kidnapped amid coronavirus emergency [VIDEO]