REPORT: New York inaugurates its $25 billion mini-city, Hudson Yards
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News offers the following information published by ABCNews.GO.com:
A towering sculpture called Vessel — made up of 2,500 twisting steps the public can climb — is scheduled to open Friday as the visual centerpiece of Hudson Yards, a $25 billion urban complex on Manhattan’s West Side that is the city’s most ambitious development since the rebuilding of the World Trade Center.
When fully complete, the 28-acre (11-hectare) site will include 16 towers of homes and offices, a hotel, a school, the highest outdoor observation deck in the Western Hemisphere, a performing arts center and a shopping mall that also opens Friday.
The article goes on to state the following:
About half the complex is complete, with the rest scheduled to be done by 2025. The opening of the $200 million Vessel and the landscape around it will likely bring a wave of tourists to a rebuilt corner of the city that was previously characterized by a huge rail yard, parking lots and weedy sidewalks once known as a cruising ground for prostitutes.
A massive $2 billion, 720,000 square-foot mall is coming to Manhattan’s Hudson Yards pic.twitter.com/0xqev9ax37
— TicToc by Bloomberg (@tictoc) March 8, 2019
— Gothamist (@Gothamist) March 10, 2019
— New York Post (@nypost) March 6, 2019
To get more information about this article, please visit ABCNews.GO.com. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
Facebook has SIGNIFICANTLY reduced the distribution of DML NEWS posts, and instead fills newsfeeds with news from the mainstream media. The way to fight back is by sharing our posts with your family and friends. Please take a moment now and click the share button. SHARE NOW
DML News offered you the above information as part of our ongoing effort to educate and inform people around the world. You can obtain additional information by visiting ABCNews.GO.com
Trending on DML News
- REPORT: Deaths of Ferguson activists lead some to believe something sinister is at play
- REPORT: Trump could be struck off 2020 ballots in Washington
- OpEd: Donna Brazile: Why I am excited to join Fox News
- REPORT: ANOTHER state passes bill to give their Electoral College votes to popular vote winner
- VIDEO: Kellyanne Conway responds to her husbands tweets about President Trump
- REPORT: DML responds to Ilhan Omar after she hits back at Trump
- REPORT: Trump’s disapproval rating slides to lowest point in network poll
- VIDEO: ‘The Five’ roasts Beto O’Rourke over hand gestures
- REPORT: Mike Pompeo jokes about Trump firing him
- VIDEO: Protesters descend on Tucker Carlson’s neighborhood