REPORT: Under new law state may be paid for costs resulting from local minimum wage hikes
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News App offers the following information published by KGUN9.COM:
PHOENIX (AP) – A state law taking effect Tuesday could make Arizona municipalities and counties reimburse the state for new costs resulting from a local minimum wage above the statewide rate.
The Arizona Republic reports that provisions in a budget law enacted last spring requires the heads of state agencies and programs to calculate higher costs for services in communities with a higher minimum wage.
The article goes on to state the following:
The measure approved by the Legislature and signed into law by Gov. Doug Ducey also allows the state to then assess reimbursement amounts owed by local governments.
Get more information at KGUN9.COM.
AZ adopts #legislation that requires local governments to pay additional costs when cities and counties raise the #minimumwage above the statewide rate and the state then has to pay more for services in those communities. https://t.co/advqrfvbnP
— StateScape (@StateScape) August 22, 2019
A state law taking effect Tuesday could make Arizona municipalities and counties reimburse the state for new costs resulting from a local minimum wage above the statewide rate.https://t.co/4cChLtHTEN
— FOX 10 Phoenix (@FOX10Phoenix) August 24, 2019
Arizona cities and counties that raise their minimum wage above that of the state could be forced to cover the extra associated costs under a new law going into effect later this month. https://t.co/7LzbdfWHq8
— U.S. News (@usnews) August 21, 2019
To get more information about this article, please visit KGUN9.COM. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
DML News App offered you the above aggregated article preview as part of our ongoing effort to educate and inform people around the world about news, events, and politics. We encourage you to obtain additional information by visiting KGUN9.COM
Trending on DML News App
- BREAKING: New sexual misconduct accusation leveled against Kavanaugh, echoes previous allegation
- REPORT: Baby born on 9/11 at 9:11 weighing 9 pounds, 11 ounces [PICTURES]
- REPORT: DC flies US flags with 51 stars ahead of statehood hearing
- REPORT: Mike Flynn Is Finally Fighting Back
- REPORT: Pelosi claims to know why multiple Republicans are retiring
- POLL: Do you like MAGA or KAG?
- REPORT: Trooper Attacked, Left With Serious Facial Injuries After Routine Traffic Stop
- VIDEO: Portland crowd boos during on-field Armed Forces swearing-in on 9/11
- REPORT: Even baby boomers are way behind on retirement savings
- BREAKING: Trump confirms death of Osama bin Laden’s son