REPORT: New battle lines in war over Trump’s judicial picks
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News offers the following information published by TheHill.com:
The Senate is adding new fuel to the fire in its long-running feud over President Trump’s judicial nominations.
The battle intensified this past week, with multiple fault lines. Republicans moved forward with more than 40 picks, including several circuit nominees who were not supported by home-state senators.
The article goes on to state the following:
GOP senators are also expected to advance a rules change Wednesday that would cut down on the amount of time it takes to confirm many of Trump’s nominees, including district judges. Majority Leader Mitch McConnell (R-Ky.) and other Republicans view judicial nominations as a top priority and their best shot at leaving a long-term impact on the direction of the country. The GOP-controlled Senate confirmed a record number of circuit court picks during Trump’s first two years in office.
Democrats aren’t taking lightly to this, arguing Republicans are ignoring the “blue slip” tradition and negating relationships on the Judiciary Committee.
To get more information about this article, please visit TheHill.com. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
Facebook has SIGNIFICANTLY reduced the distribution of DML NEWS posts, and instead fills newsfeeds with news from the mainstream media. The way to fight back is by sharing our posts with your family and friends. Please take a moment now and click the share button. SHARE NOW
DML News offered you the above information as part of our ongoing effort to educate and inform people around the world. You can obtain additional information by visiting TheHill.com
Trending on DML News
- REPORT: America’s First Two Muslim Congresswomen Will BOTH Be Fundraising For Hamas-Linked Organization
- VIDEO: Meghan McCain stuns Andrew McCabe on ‘The View’ with pointed question
- VIDEO: Gillibrand voices support for federal recognition of third gender
- REPORT: How the winners of New York Lottery’s biggest jackpot were able to stay anonymous
- BREAKING: ‘Empire’ show takes first steps against Jussie Smollett after attack claim controversy
- BREAKING: Obama-nominated judge deals blow to Obama’s presidential library plans
- REPORT: Prosecutor recuses herself from Jussie Smollett investigation
- VIDEO: McCabe claims ‘Gang of 8’ knew of counterintelligence investigation of Trump
- VIDEO: ISIS teen wife bemoans UK’s ‘unjust’ decision to revoke her citizenship
- VIDEO: Survey reveals Michelle Obama’s placement in 2020 race, if she runs