REPORT: New battle lines in war over Trump’s judicial picks
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News offers the following information published by TheHill.com:
The Senate is adding new fuel to the fire in its long-running feud over President Trump’s judicial nominations.
The battle intensified this past week, with multiple fault lines. Republicans moved forward with more than 40 picks, including several circuit nominees who were not supported by home-state senators.
The article goes on to state the following:
GOP senators are also expected to advance a rules change Wednesday that would cut down on the amount of time it takes to confirm many of Trump’s nominees, including district judges. Majority Leader Mitch McConnell (R-Ky.) and other Republicans view judicial nominations as a top priority and their best shot at leaving a long-term impact on the direction of the country. The GOP-controlled Senate confirmed a record number of circuit court picks during Trump’s first two years in office.
Democrats aren’t taking lightly to this, arguing Republicans are ignoring the “blue slip” tradition and negating relationships on the Judiciary Committee.
To get more information about this article, please visit TheHill.com. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
DML News App offered you the above aggregated article preview as part of our ongoing effort to educate and inform people around the world about news, events, and politics. We encourage you to obtain additional information by visiting TheHill.com
Trending on DML News App
- VIDEO: Florida sheriff just loses it while describing MASSIVE drug trafficking bust
- VIDEO: ‘Bombshell’ report on James Comey coming in two weeks, attorney says
- BREAKING: Twitter CEO called Rep. Ilhan Omar about Trump’s 911 tweet
- POLL: In a 2020 matchup, who would win: Trump or Biden?
- REPORT: Ocasio-Cortez suffers social media gaffe by criticizing photo of ‘GOP’ politician who is actually a Democrat
- BREAKING: Boston-area judge charged with helping undocumented immigrant elude ICE
- VIDEO: Baltimore Mayor Catherine Pugh is nowhere to be found, amid FBI raids
- REPORT: First woman elected to lead Dallas County GOP dies unexpectedly at 47
- BREAKING: Outrage erupts over $2M bill from North Korea for Otto Warmbier’s care
- REPORT: FBI, IRS agents search Baltimore Mayor’s homes, City Hall