REPORT: ‘Never Trump’ Republican frets that Bernie Sanders will win Democratic nomination
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News App offers the following information published by WASHINGTONEXAMINER.COM:
” Never Trump” political commentator Sarah Longwell urged Democrats on Saturday to consolidate the Democratic presidential primary field to prevent Sen. Bernie Sanders, I-Vt., from becoming the party’s nominee.
Longwell wants Democrats to heed the lessons of the 2016 Republican presidential primaries, saying that a crowded field deep into primary season is one of the most substantial reasons why the Republican Party ended with a Trump candidacy. She warned that if Sanders does become the Democratic nominee, President Trump will easily defeat him in 2020.
The article goes on to state the following:
“I mean, sure, I don’t know the future. But your Democratic present is looking an awful lot like our Republican past. I’m worried there’s something taking shape in front of you that you can’t quite see. Or maybe you do see it, and aren’t as alarmed by it as I am,” Longwell said in an op-ed published in The Bulwark on Saturday morning.
“Either way, it’s my firm belief that if you don’t do something to change course, America is going to be forced to choose between Bernie Sanders and Donald Trump in 2020.”
The commentator pointed out that out of 19 candidates currently running for the nomination, the distant front-runner hasn’t even announced a presidential run yet, and the vast majority of those candidates have barely broken one percentage point in the polls. Rather than dilute support and spend resources campaigning against candidates who can prevent a Sanders nomination, Longwell urged those lower-tier candidates to not even try.
— Sarah Longwell (@SarahLongwell25) April 13, 2019
“I mean, sure, I don’t know the future. But your Democratic present is looking an awful lot like our Republican past.” https://t.co/zDDfzWGDla
— Washington Examiner (@dcexaminer) April 13, 2019
To get more information about this article, please visit WASHINGTONEXAMINER.COM. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
DML News App offered you the above aggregated article preview as part of our ongoing effort to educate and inform people around the world about news, events, and politics. We encourage you to obtain additional information by visiting WASHINGTONEXAMINER.COM
Trending on DML News App
- VIDEO: AOC, Ilhan Omar roll out new label for President Trump
- REPORT: Does this photo prove Trump tormentor’s marriage a sham? Omar with husbands
- VIDEO: McConnell: Trump is ‘on to something’
- VIDEO: Elijah Cummings goes ballistic at DHS head during hearing
- REPORT: Hillary Clinton slams Trump rally: ‘The time has come again’
- REPORT: House Dems Unload On ‘The Squad’ — ‘It Makes People’s Skin Crawl’
- REPORT: Here are the 95 Democrats who voted to support impeachment
- BREAKING: Senator hospitalized after fall
- VIDEO: Trey Gowdy: ‘Nobody cares what Congress does … ‘
- REPORT: New hashtag for Ilhan Omar starts trending after crowd at Trump rally chants ‘Send her back’