REPORT: Nation’s Only All-Male Historically Black College To Start Accepting Transgender Men
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News App offers the following information published by DAILYCALLER.COM:
The nation’s only all-male historically black college announced a new transgender policy after its board of trustees approved it on Saturday.
Morehouse College in Atlanta will begin accepting transgender men next year, college leaders told The Associated Press.
The article goes on to state the following:
“I think Morehouse having the courage to speak to issues of masculinity in today’s environment is important,” Morehouse College President David Thomas told The AP. “For 152 years, the world has, in some way, seen Morehouse as the West Point of black male development.”
Transgender men, meaning they have transitioned from female to male, can enroll at the college starting in 2020, but students who were born male and now identify as female will not be allowed to. Morehouse “will continue to use masculine pronouns” and “the language of brotherhood” according to the new policy as cited by The AP
Morehouse College, the uniquely black, male alma mater of Martin Luther King Jr., Spike Lee and Samuel L. Jackson, announced that it will begin accepting transgender men in fall 2020. https://t.co/8tUtBfSlHQ
— NBC News (@NBCNews) April 13, 2019
Superstar Samuel L. Jackson was featured on “60 Minutes” Sunday in an interview that highlighted his success. According to “60 Minutes,” the movies he has starred in have grossed more than any other actor’s films in the history of Hollywood. https://t.co/3OBLq2zVMf pic.twitter.com/L2mZ7wkI4d
— Morehouse College (@Morehouse) March 25, 2019
Nation’s Only All-Male Historically Black College To Start Accepting Transgender Men https://t.co/YrVJwVowTP
— The Daily Caller (@DailyCaller) April 14, 2019
The United States’ only all-male black college has announced it will begin accepting transgender male students in 2020. Morehouse College’s board of trustees approved the policy Saturday. https://t.co/JgrhutxKsZ
— AP South U.S. Region (@APSouthRegion) April 13, 2019
To get more information about this article, please visit DAILYCALLER.COM. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
DML News App offered you the above aggregated article preview as part of our ongoing effort to educate and inform people around the world about news, events, and politics. We encourage you to obtain additional information by visiting DAILYCALLER.COM
Trending on DML News App
- BREAKING: Supreme Court conservatives signal possible support for census citizenship question
- VIDEO: Woman missing for five days is found alive in her wrecked car
- REPORT: Ilhan Omar claims US forces killed ‘thousands’ of Somalis in resurfaced tweet
- REPORT: Jacqui Saburido, who became the face of anti-drunk driving campaigns, dead at age 40 [VIDEOS]
- BREAKING: Militia leader allegedly said group was ‘training’ to kill Obama, Clinton, and Soros
- VIDEO: Hillary Clinton breaks her silence on Mueller report, discusses potential Trump impeachment
- REPORT: Jordan demands answers over Democrats’ secret meetings about Trump-focused probes
- REPORT: US military reviewing rules after soldiers on American soil surrendered pistol to Mexican troops
- FACT CHECK: Did Ilhan Omar Tweet ‘They Reap What They Sow’ During The Notre Dame Fire?
- EXCLUSIVE: Obama gets pounded for response to attack on Christians in Sri Lanka