REPORT: Mumps confirmed in 7 detainees at ICE facility
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News offers the following information published by TheHill.com:
Multiple cases of mumps have reportedly been confirmed at an Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) detention facility in Houston.
Houston’s KHOU11 reported Saturday that local health officials have found a total of seven cases, though only one person remains sick. Officials told the TV station that all of the patients were detained during their infectious period, and that they have no evidence of the disease spreading outside the facility.
The article goes on to state the following:
“Chances are that some of the folks did become infected while they were there because it’s like any other detention facility, you have a large number of people in a small area,” Houston Public Health Authority David Persse said. “You can either get the two vaccinations now as an adult or if you think you had one maybe, and you want to get another one, you can do that. The vaccine is not expensive, and if you got vaccinated as a child and you got one again as an adult, it’s not going to hurt you.”
To get more information about this article, please visit TheHill.com. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
DML News App offered you the above aggregated article preview as part of our ongoing effort to educate and inform people around the world about news, events, and politics. We encourage you to obtain additional information by visiting TheHill.com
Trending on DML News App
- VIDEO: Florida sheriff just loses it while describing MASSIVE drug trafficking bust
- VIDEO: ‘Bombshell’ report on James Comey coming in two weeks, attorney says
- BREAKING: Twitter CEO called Rep. Ilhan Omar about Trump’s 911 tweet
- POLL: In a 2020 matchup, who would win: Trump or Biden?
- REPORT: Ocasio-Cortez suffers social media gaffe by criticizing photo of ‘GOP’ politician who is actually a Democrat
- BREAKING: Boston-area judge charged with helping undocumented immigrant elude ICE
- VIDEO: Baltimore Mayor Catherine Pugh is nowhere to be found, amid FBI raids
- REPORT: First woman elected to lead Dallas County GOP dies unexpectedly at 47
- BREAKING: Outrage erupts over $2M bill from North Korea for Otto Warmbier’s care
- REPORT: FBI, IRS agents search Baltimore Mayor’s homes, City Hall