REPORT: Multiple workers at facilities housing migrant kids in U.S. custody test positive for coronavirus
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News App offers the following information published by CBSNEWS.COM:
Three staff members at facilities that care for unaccompanied migrant children in U.S. government custody, as well as one foster parent, have now tested positive for the coronavirus, federal officials said Monday.
The three staff members work at two different facilities in New York that house migrant children in the custody of the Office of Refugee Resettlement, or ORR, an agency within the Department of Health and Human Services that is currently responsible for about 3,600 unaccompanied minors. The foster parent is in Washington state, one of the epicenters of the pandemic in the U.S.
The article goes on to state the following:
ORR’s medical team and the affected facilities are coordinating with local public health authorities on “appropriate quarantine measures” stemming from the new cases, agency officials said in a statement to CBS News. The agency said it is also notifying anyone that may have been exposed to the individuals.
The report states that 12 migrant children were tested for coronavirus. Five tests came back negative, and results of the others are still pending.
NEW: Three staff members at facilities that care for unaccompanied migrant children in U.S. custody — as well as one foster parent — have now tested positive for the coronavirus.
— Camilo Montoya-Galvez (@camiloreports) March 23, 2020
— The Hill (@thehill) March 24, 2020
— DMLNewsApp (@DMLNewsApp) March 24, 2020
To get more information about this article, please visit CBSNEWS.COM. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
DML News App offered you the above aggregated article preview as part of our ongoing effort to educate and inform people around the world about news, events, and politics. We encourage you to obtain additional information by visiting CBSNEWS.COM
Trending on DML News App
- REPORT: Details emerge of CDC funding cuts repeatedly sought by Obama admin, despite Biden’s attacks on Trump preparedness
- REPORT: Trump wants THIS to appear on economic relief checks, WSJ claims
- REPORT: Princess becomes first royal to die from coronavirus
- REPORT: Virus cases surging in California, mayor warns his city is days away from being next NYC
- REPORT: Widespread flushing of toilet paper ‘alternatives’ causing major problems [PHOTO]
- REPORT: Riots erupt in China’s coronavirus epicentre Wuhan; riot police clash with civilians
- REPORT: 66 Residents of One Nursing Home Have COVID-19
- BREAKING: CDC issues travel advisory for residents of 3 US states
- REPORT: Haiti hospital chief kidnapped amid coronavirus emergency [VIDEO]
- REPORT: First coronavirus death reported in Florida city that may be next epicenter