REPORT: Mitch McConnell warns Republicans in private meeting about Trump’s impeachment trial
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News App offers the following information published by BUSINESSINSIDER.COM:
Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell told his fellow Republicans that a Senate impeachment trial could begin as early as Thanksgiving, multiple news outlets reported Wednesday.
McConnell explained how the impeachment process would work during a private weekly lunch meeting with GOP lawmakers on Wednesday, giving a PowerPoint presentation along with Sen. Lindsey Graham, the Judiciary Committee Chairman.
The article goes on to state the following:
The discussion reflects a growing recognition that the House will vote to approve articles of impeachment by late next month following a fast-moving investigation. Democrats set themselves an unofficial deadline of completing their impeachment inquiry by the end of the year to avoid dragging what will be a deeply contentious and distracting fight into 2020.
The article states that if the House impeaches President Trump, the Senate would then hold a trial to determine whether to remove the president from office. He would then become the third president in US history to be impeached.
To get more information about this article, please visit BUSINESSINSIDER.COM. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
DML News App offered you the above aggregated article preview as part of our ongoing effort to educate and inform people around the world about news, events, and politics. We encourage you to obtain additional information by visiting BUSINESSINSIDER.COM
Trending on DML News App
- VIDEOS: Bronx streets descend into chaos as looters run wild: ‘Fordham is on fire’
- OpEd: STONE: Now That I’m Ungagged, I’d Like To Say A Few Things About My Prosecution
- VIDEO: Florida sheriff ‘highly recommends’ what home owners should do to looters
- VIDEO: Officer suspended after punching woman who was beating on fellow officer
- VIDEO: Ben Carson speaks out on protests and rioting across the nation
- WATCH: CNN’s Jim Acosta Shouts at Trump: ‘Is This Still a Democracy?’
- BREAKING: Zuckerberg releases statement on Trump’s controversial tweet about looting and shooting
- VIDEO: Ilhan Omar claims rioters were ‘terrorized’ by National Guard, police
- REPORT: Twitter restricts tweet from Rep. Matt Gaetz for ‘glorifying violence’
- REPORT: GOP governor rejects use of military to quell protests