REPORT: Miss Universe New Zealand finalist dead at 23
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News App offers the following information published by NYPost.com:
Amber-Lee Friis, a finalist in the Miss Universe New Zealand pageant, died on Monday. She was 23.
The New Zealand Police confirmed to People that they responded to a sudden death call on May 18, which was referred to the coroner.
The article goes on to state the following:
Her cause of death is unknown, but The Daily Mail reports it was suicide.
Nigel Godfrey, CEO of Miss World New Zealand, posted the following announcement on Facebook:
“A couple of years back when we were running ‘the other one’ Amber-Lee Friis swept into our lives, she was a force to be reckoned with 😉 This was one of the many International stories that she generated after entering, and it’s so sad to read it now. She was feisty, definitely took no prisoners, but she was a beautiful soul and you 100% knew what you were getting. She was genuine, honest and she had an energy few others possess, her heart was most definitely in the right place. We liked and respected her and were very proud to call her a friend, long after the competition had finished. Amber Lee turned her life, and indeed her experience with us around, and into an incredibly positive force for good. In the years since she has been loyal and supportive and we value that above anything. Tragically she passed away yesterday, the world is a lesser place without her in it. She had a great deal more to give and it is a dreadful tragedy that she won’t be here to realise her unlimited potential. RIP Amber Lee you have left us far, far too soon.”
Miss Universe New Zealand Finalist Amber-Lee Friis Dies at 23: ‘A Force to Be Reckoned With’ https://t.co/UpBSDWb24w
— People (@people) May 22, 2020
‘A force to be reckoned with’: Miss Universe New Zealand finalist Amber-Lee Friis dies at 23 https://t.co/PoAVMJZwTw
— USA TODAY Life (@usatodaylife) May 23, 2020
— New York Post (@nypost) May 22, 2020
To get more information about this article, please visit NYPost.com. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
DML News App offered you the above aggregated article preview as part of our ongoing effort to educate and inform people around the world about news, events, and politics. We encourage you to obtain additional information by visiting NYPost.com
Trending on DML News App
- VIDEOS: Bronx streets descend into chaos as looters run wild: ‘Fordham is on fire’
- VIDEO: Florida sheriff ‘highly recommends’ what home owners should do to looters
- OpEd: STONE: Now That I’m Ungagged, I’d Like To Say A Few Things About My Prosecution
- VIDEO: Officer suspended after punching woman who was beating on fellow officer
- VIDEO: Ben Carson speaks out on protests and rioting across the nation
- BREAKING: Zuckerberg releases statement on Trump’s controversial tweet about looting and shooting
- REPORT: DOJ files formal appeal with Supreme Court over House access to Mueller grand jury material
- VIDEO: Ilhan Omar claims rioters were ‘terrorized’ by National Guard, police
- REPORT: Twitter restricts tweet from Rep. Matt Gaetz for ‘glorifying violence’
- REPORT: GOP governor rejects use of military to quell protests