REPORT: Microsoft loses BILLIONS in value in FIVE minutes after judge’s order on Amazon-Pentagon fight
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News App offers the following information published by DailyMail:
Microsoft shares plummeted on Thursday losing $17billion in value just five minutes after a federal judge ordered a temporary injunction on the company’s JEDI contract with the Pentagon.
The technology company’s shares dropped from $185.40 at 2.11pm EST to an intraday low of $183.16 by 2.16pm and closed around that price.
The article goes on to state the following:
Microsoft’s stock, which is worth $1.4trillion, suffered a 1% loss from its market capitalization on Thursday.
The Daily Mail noted that Amazon was originally expected to win the Defense Department contract to “build a cloud for the storage and management of military and defense data.”
After the contract was awarded to Microsoft instead, Amazon requested a court injunction last month, claiming they were shut out because of President Trump’s bias against Jeff Bezos.
After the judge’s order on Thursday, Microsoft shares plummeted. Amazon shares rose briefly, but their stock then turned negative as well.
— Kevin Corke (@kevincorke) February 13, 2020
Breaking: Federal court orders Pentagon to halt the JEDI cloud contract it awarded to Microsoft, granting Amazon’s request for injunction https://t.co/l8u2p0byUo
— The Wall Street Journal (@WSJ) February 13, 2020
BREAKING: Judge grants Amazon request to temporarily halt Microsoft’s cloud contract with Pentagon https://t.co/gJ1kJB0vBi
— CNBC Now (@CNBCnow) February 13, 2020
To get more information about this article, please visit DailyMail. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
DML News App offered you the above aggregated article preview as part of our ongoing effort to educate and inform people around the world about news, events, and politics. We encourage you to obtain additional information by visiting DailyMail
Trending on DML News App
- BREAKING: Top Pentagon official leaving Trump administration
- REPORT: Michelle Obama shares throwback photo of herself as part of new voter campaign
- REPORT: Assange lawyer claims Trump offered pardon in exchange for this favor
- VIDEO: Black Guns Matter founder mocks potential Bloomberg-Clinton ticket with ‘SUPER’ nickname
- UPDATE: New details about Daytona 500 driver Ryan Newman following fiery crash
- REPORT: Ex-DOJ Official Named In FISA Abuse Report Signs Petition Calling On William Barr To Resign
- First Look At Bloomberg’s Super Bowl Ad
- VIDEO: Meghan McCain gets into fiery spat with Joy Behar over Bloomberg
- VIDEO: Trump speaks out on AG Bill Barr
- REPORT: Attorney General Barr spokesperson posts statement