REPORT: Michigan secretary of state fires back at Trump
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News App offers the following information published by TheHill.com:
Michigan Secretary of State Jocelyn Benson responded to President Trump after he threatened to withhold federal funding to the state over officials mailing out applications for absentee ballots.
President Trump tweeted early on Tuesday claiming that Michigan sent “absentee ballots to 7.7 million people ahead of Primaries and the General Election.” He alleged that the move was done “illegally by a rogue Secretary of State.”
The article goes on to state the following:
Benson responded to the president saying, “Hi! I also have a name, it’s Jocelyn Benson. And we sent applications, not ballots. Just like my colleagues in Iowa, Georgia, Nebraska and West Virginia,” in a tweet.
Hi! 👋🏼 I also have a name, it’s Jocelyn Benson. And we sent applications, not ballots. Just like my GOP colleagues in Iowa, Georgia, Nebraska and West Virginia. https://t.co/kBsu4nHvOy
— Jocelyn Benson (@JocelynBenson) May 20, 2020
— The Hill (@thehill) May 20, 2020
To get more information about this article, please visit TheHill.com. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
DML News App offered you the above aggregated article preview as part of our ongoing effort to educate and inform people around the world about news, events, and politics. We encourage you to obtain additional information by visiting TheHill.com
Trending on DML News App
- BREAKING: Court blocks White House from suspending reporter for INCREDIBLE reason
- REPORT: Couple suspected of killing 8-year-old maid
- WATCH: Stunning moment Washington Monument struck by lightning, 2 park police also injured
- REPORT: Hillary Clinton asks appeals court to help her dodge Judicial Watch deposition on emails and Benghazi
- BREAKING: Biden releases statement, formally clinches Democratic presidential nomination
- REPORT: AOC stuns party by endorsing powerful incumbent’s primary rival
- REPORT: Dem AG: Letting America Burn Is the Path to Growth
- REPORT: Liberal governor pardons illegal set for deportation, DML responds
- VIDEO: Biden mistakenly refers to Sanders as ‘the president’ during debate
- REPORT: Democrats ask for investigation of DOJ decision to drop Flynn case [READ LETTER]