REPORT: Michael Cohen attorney sends letter to House Oversight and Reform Committee Chairman
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News offers the following information published by TheHill.com:
An attorney for Michael Cohen on Tuesday sent a letter to House Oversight and Reform Committee Chairman Elijah Cummings (D-Md.) seeking to clarify Cohen’s testimony before the committee about a potential presidential pardon.
Cohen’s attorney Michael Monico acknowledged in the letter that his client’s testimony before the panel was not fully clear. But he maintained that his client was telling the panel the truth when Cohen said he had not sought a pardon, because he was referring to the time since a joint-defense agreement ended with President Trump last June.
The article goes on to state the following:
Monico said that Cohen, Trump’s former personal lawyer and fixer, had told his lawyers to explore the possibility of a pardon when it was offered by the president’s legal representatives following the FBI raids on Cohen’s home and office.
Monico maintained that Cohen had not asked for a pardon since the end of his joint-defense agreement with Trump.
“In retrospect, while the sentence could have been clearer regarding the time frames, the sentence is true, and Mr. Cohen stands by his statement,” the letter reads.
— Maggie Haberman (@maggieNYT) March 13, 2019
— The Hill (@thehill) March 13, 2019
To get more information about this article, please visit TheHill.com. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
DML News App offered you the above aggregated article preview as part of our ongoing effort to educate and inform people around the world about news, events, and politics. We encourage you to obtain additional information by visiting TheHill.com
Trending on DML News App
- REPORT: Freshman Dem lawmaker argues with Ben Carson during hearing
- BREAKING: Judge decides if Deutsche Bank, Capital One can give Trump financial records to Democrats
- BREAKING: Furious Trump cuts-off talks with Dems, responds to Pelosi’s ‘cover-up’ claim in fiery announcement [VIDEO]
- EXCLUSIVE: Pelosi gives her version of explosive meeting with Trump [VIDEO]
- TRUMP TWEETS: Blasts out statement to Dems, ‘thanks’ Pelosi for her ‘prayers’
- POLL: Dems unleash on Trump – Can his presidency survive?
- BREAKING: Two banks have turned Trump’s financial records over to House
- BREAKING: Pelosi speaks after closed-door Dem meeting, makes allegation against Trump [VIDEO]
- REPORT: Trump Surging in Key State; Tops Every Democrat in New SHOCK Poll
- BREAKING: House Intel postpones enforcement action after DOJ offer to share some Mueller files