REPORT: Mexico’s Lopez Obrador defiant amid mounting criticism over cartel massacre
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News App offers the following information published by FOXNEWS.COM:
Mexico’s president stood defiant Wednesday amid mounting criticism of his government’s policy of using “hugs, not bullets” when fighting drug cartels after nine Americans – including six children – were gunned down by sicarios on Monday.
President Andres Manuel Lopez Obrador brushed off criticisms against his government’s position and reiterated Wednesday during his daily media briefing that violence was not the answer or appropriate response to the growing deaths at the hands of cartels.
The article goes on to state the following:
“It was lamentable, painful because children died, but do we want to resolve the problem the same way (as previous administrations)? By declaring war?” he asked. “That, in the case of our country, showed that it does not work. That was a failure. It caused more violence.”
Obrador continued, “We are carrying out a different policy because the policy that was applied during 36 years was a resounding failure and it caused a lot of damage, a lot of sadness, a lot of deaths, a lot of losses for Mexicans. We will not continue with the same and we will show that our proposal works, despite it not being easy. We are confident that we will achieve good results.”
Mexico’s Lopez Obrador doubles down on ‘hugs, not bullets’ policy amid mounting criticism https://t.co/EndxWxzPS9 #FoxNews If the Mexican People are satisfied with their President so be it. But that huge female organ President MUST keep his criminal sponsors south of the border
— Jim Mayfield (@Rufus477) November 6, 2019
To get more information about this article, please visit FOXNEWS.COM. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
DML News App offered you the above aggregated article preview as part of our ongoing effort to educate and inform people around the world about news, events, and politics. We encourage you to obtain additional information by visiting FOXNEWS.COM
Trending on DML News App
- BREAKING: Head of Burisma Holdings Indicted; New Links to Obama, Hunter Biden Revealed
- VIDEO: Prince Andrew’s ex speaks out on Epstein
- BREAKING: Rick Perry’s team pushes back on Sondland testimony, releases statement
- POLL: Was Gordon Sondland’s testimony damaging to President Trump?
- BREAKING: Britain’s Prince Andrew steps down from public duties, citing Epstein ties
- REPORT: Pence’s office responds to Sondland’s testimony claiming he raised concerns about investigations
- VIDEO: Fox News host declares Sondland ‘took out the bus and ran over’ Trump
- REPORT: Photo emerges of alleged whistleblower shaking hands with Barack Obama in Oval Office [PHOTO]
- VIDEO: Rep Turner Gets Witness To Correct Bombshell Claim, Debunks CNN Headline In Real Time
- Morning briefing: Nov 20