REPORT: Mexico hints that deal may be close on steel tariffs, boosting Trump USMCA
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News App offers the following information published by WASHINGTONEXAMINER.COM:
A top Mexican official has raised hopes for the possibility of the U.S. lifting its steel and aluminum tariffs, a move that would boost President Trump’s U.S.-Mexico-Canada agreement on trade in Congress.
“We are, I think, close to negotiating the lifting of the tariffs. We’re having very fruitful conversations on lifting the tariffs not only in the U.S. but also here in Toronto,” Mexican Economy Minister Graciela Marquez said following a meeting with Canada’s top trade negotiator, Foreign Minister Chrystia Freeland.
The article goes on to state the following:
To vote for the USMCA deal, which would replace the 1993 North American Free Trade Agreement, several members of Congress are demanding that the U.S. restore exemptions to the 25% tariff on steel and 10% tariff on aluminum that Canada and Mexico previously enjoyed.
Mexico teases agreement on steel tariffs https://t.co/KV10A3XteG
— Washington Examiner (@dcexaminer) May 15, 2019
To get more information about this article, please visit WASHINGTONEXAMINER.COM. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
DML News App offered you the above aggregated article preview as part of our ongoing effort to educate and inform people around the world about news, events, and politics. We encourage you to obtain additional information by visiting WASHINGTONEXAMINER.COM
Trending on DML News App
- UPDATE: Trump responds to U.S. judge’s ruling on financial records
- VIDEO: Trump holds MAGA rally in Pennsylvania
- REPORT: House Democrat shares text exchange with son about impeaching Trump
- BREAKING: Cohen identified which Trump associate told him to lie, allegedly
- REPORT: Illegal Convicted of Raping Dog to Death Released by Sanctuary State
- VIDEO: Anti-Trump actor makes odd statement about Trump winning in 2020
- BREAKING: DOJ offers a deal to House Intel Committee if Schiff drops threat against Barr
- BREAKING: Nadler goes after two former Trump White House aides with subpoenas
- REPORT: Lynch on whether Obama ordered politically motivated infiltration of Trump campaign
- REPORT: Fox News commentator attacks Trump, fires back at his criticism of the channel