REPORT: Mayor of Rome condemns ‘shameful’ Greta Thunberg effigy hung from bridge [PICTURE]
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News App offers the following information published by TheHill.com:
The mayor of Rome has condemned a “shameful” effigy of climate activist Greta Thunberg discovered hanging off a bridge near the city’s airport on Monday.
Mayor Virginia Raggi voiced her solidarity with Thunberg and her family in a tweet.
The article goes on to state the following:
“Our climate commitment does not stop,” the tweet read, according to a translation from the tabloid The Sun.
According to WSET, the dummy had pigtails and a sign that said: “Greta Is Your God!”
Vergognoso il manichino di @GretaThunberg ritrovato appeso a un ponte nella nostra città. A lei e alla sua famiglia la mia solidarietà e quella di tutta @Roma. Il nostro impegno sul clima non si ferma. pic.twitter.com/YXMXMJDA3D
— Virginia Raggi (@virginiaraggi) October 7, 2019
To get more information about this article, please visit TheHill.com. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
DML News App offered you the above aggregated article preview as part of our ongoing effort to educate and inform people around the world about news, events, and politics. We encourage you to obtain additional information by visiting TheHill.com
Trending on DML News App
- REPORT: Democrats name Cummings replacement for acting chair of House Oversight Committee
- VIDEO: Pelosi: ‘The Voters Are Not Going to Decide’
- BREAKING: Sondland to throw Trump under the bus in congress testimony, reports say
- TRUMP TWEET: Releases statement on death of Elijah Cummings
- BREAKING: Democrat Congressman Elijah Cummings dies suddenly
- VIDEO: Women for Trump hold marches in DC, across the nation, bus line leaves many stranded
- REPORT: Justice becomes first to break new two-minute rule as Supreme Court hears immigration case
- VIDEO: Network Falsely Claims White House ‘Admits to Quid Pro Quo’ with Ukraine
- REPORT: Democrat-Controlled House Passed Bill with ‘Quid Pro Quo’ on Election Interference
- VIDEO: Scalise: People should be alarmed by how Pelosi, Schiff trying to impeach Trump