REPORT: Matt Lauer submits letter in response to rape allegation
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News App offers the following information published by Variety.com:
Matt Lauer penned a letter on Wednesday morning staunchly denying former NBC News co-worker Brooke Nevils’ allegations that he raped her in his hotel room at the 2014 Sochi Olympics.
Lauer says the accusation — as detailed in Ronan Farrow’s new book, “Catch and Kill” — is “categorically false, ignores the facts, and defies common sense,” calling the encounter with Nevils an “extramarital affair.” He dismisses the claims as “part of a promotional effort to sell a book.”
The article goes on to state the following:
In the book, obtained by Variety, Nevils said Lauer anally raped her one night in Sochi, Russia. Lauer calls the act “consensual.” “We performed oral sex on each other, we had vaginal sex, and we had anal sex. Each act was mutual and completely consensual,” he writes. Lauer claims the encounter marked the beginning of an affair that continued when they returned to New York.
Lauer’s letter begins as follows:
Over the past two years people have asked why I have not spoken out to defend myself more vigorously against some of the false and salacious allegations leveled at me. It is a fair question and the answer is deeply personal. Despite my desire to set the record straight and confront the individuals making false allegations, I wanted nothing less than to create more headlines my kids would read and a new gathering of photographers at the end of our driveway. So I decided to just stay quiet and work on repairing my relationship with the people I love. It has been the most important full-time job I have ever had.
But my silence has been a mistake….
CLICK HERE to read his entire letter, posted by Variety.
Matt Lauer: “For two years, the women with whom I had extramarital relationships have abandoned shared responsibility, and instead, shielded themselves from blame behind false allegations. … I will no longer provide them the shelter of my silence” https://t.co/Cj3df8b6eV
— Variety (@Variety) October 9, 2019
To get more information about this article, please visit Variety.com. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
DML News App offered you the above aggregated article preview as part of our ongoing effort to educate and inform people around the world about news, events, and politics. We encourage you to obtain additional information by visiting Variety.com
Trending on DML News App
- VIDEO: GOP Senator: If Local Law Enforcement Overwhelmed, Let’s See How Anarchists Respond When the 101st Airborne Is on the Other Side of the Street
- REPORT: Viral photo shows cop being protected by black protesters during riot
- POLL: Should the U.S. military be sent to major cities to stop riots?
- VIDEO: Officer suspended after punching woman who was beating on fellow officer
- REPORT: Dozens rendered unconscious by Minneapolis police neckholds in past five years
- VIDEO: Some police officers support protesters by taking a knee
- REPORT: Cuomo calls for independent investigations into all police brutality allegations
- VIDEO: Keith Ellison responds to son’s Antifa tweet
- REPORT: 25-year-old arrested for allegedly setting fire to historic courthouse
- REPORT: Actress Hopeful After Protesters Breach Perimeter Near White House