REPORT: Man gets box of unneeded medical braces – FBI says it’s part of $1.2B scam
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News App offers the following information published by KFOR.COM:
CLINTON, Iowa – The FBI is calling it the biggest Medicare fraud they’ve ever investigated.
For Robert Turney, of Clinton, Iowa, the scam called “Brace Yourself” started a few months back when a box showed up on his doorstep full of items he didn’t order.
The article goes on to state the following:
“We opened the package (to) see what they are. I said to my wife, ‘I don’t need these things,'” says Turney.
Inside were seven medical braces for different body parts shipped from a company called Crown Medical. All of them were delivered in one box with a grand total of $4,400.
Scam expert Randy Meier says the scam is being investigated by the FBI.
“This is nationwide,” says Meier. “$1.2 billion dollars is what the FBI calculated the loss at.”
It all starts with a phone call to Medicare patients. The person on the other end of the phone tries to get your Medicare number and offers the person a free medical brace. Then, a few weeks later, the person gets a package.
The FBI is calling it the biggest Medicare fraud they’ve ever investigated. https://t.co/LvvNL4BQVl
— KFOR (@kfor) May 14, 2019
It all starts with a phone call to Medicare patients. https://t.co/pRDftsHheo
— WGNT CW 27 (@WGNTCW27) May 14, 2019
To get more information about this article, please visit KFOR.COM. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
DML News App offered you the above aggregated article preview as part of our ongoing effort to educate and inform people around the world about news, events, and politics. We encourage you to obtain additional information by visiting KFOR.COM
Trending on DML News App
- VIDEO: Watch: Students Say Obama Immigration Quote Is ‘Racist’
- REPORT: Green card scam thwarted by ‘best sex ever’ text that arrived as immigration agent was reviewing phone
- REPORT: Brothers, aged 1 and 3, drown after falling into family pool
- REPORT: Justin Bieber makes public appeal to Trump
- REPORT: Smollett Tries To Get Special Prosecutor Dropped, Makes New Claim
- VIDEO: Megan Rapinoe comments on possibility of running for office
- REPORT: ‘I just made it up’… Florida Dem admits lying about Pulse shooting
- VIDEO: Knifeman storms on stage and STABS Tomb Raider star
- REPORT: Twitter Suspends Angel Mom for Posting About Illegal Immigration
- VIDEO: Biden blames Trump for 7-year-old’s ‘racist’ question