REPORT: Man arrested for vandalizing Trump golf course after B&E at Taylor Swift home
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News App offers the following information published by TheHill.com:
A New Jersey man was arrested Monday night after allegedly doing “doughnuts” on the greens at President Trump’s golf course in Bedminster, N.J.
Richard J. McEwan, 26, was charged with criminal mischief after causing at least $17,000 in damage, according to CNBC. Police say McEwan did doughnuts twice in the last week on two different greens.
The article goes on to state the following:
McEwan was reportedly charged with breaking and entering and trespassing before being released on bond on Sept. 3. Later that same day, the first signs of damage were reported on Trump’s golf course.
“He will be prosecuted to the full extent of the law,” a Trump Organization spokesperson said in a statement to The Hill.
McEwan, from Milford, N.J., was also arrested for allegedly breaking into singer Taylor Swift’s house in Rhode Island.
The Westerly Sun reports:
According to a police report, officers were dispatched to the house [on around 5:10 p.m. after receiving a call from a witness who said a man had jumped the western fence along Lighthouse Road.
Lacey said an investigation determined that McEwan had driven from New Jersey to Rhode Island earlier in the day and parked on Bay Street before walking to the home and jumping the fence. He broke a glass door on the Lighthouse Road side of the home to gain entry and then proceeded to take his shoes off at the door before wandering the house “to find Taylor.”
“A pair of orange shoes were found at the doorway where he broke in. When officers asked him why he wasn’t wearing any, he told them ‘I was always taught that when you go into someone’s home, you have to take your shoes off,'” Lacey said. “He said he did it because it was polite.”
Break-In at Trump’s Golf Course, and Taylor Swift’s Mansion:
A NJ man is accused of going on a spree in two states, including doing doughnuts in his car on the Bedminster, N.J., course and sneaking into the singer’s Rhode Island home.https://t.co/2jNMAVyIQ7
— Clifford Levy (@cliffordlevy) September 11, 2019
Police say the man who “did doughnuts” on the Trump National Golf Course is the same person who broke into the home of Taylor Swift last week. https://t.co/SoVZOD6ZhM
— USA TODAY Politics (@usatodayDC) September 10, 2019
To get more information about this article, please visit TheHill.com. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
DML News App offered you the above aggregated article preview as part of our ongoing effort to educate and inform people around the world about news, events, and politics. We encourage you to obtain additional information by visiting TheHill.com
Trending on DML News App
- GOT TO SEE: Joy Villa shocks liberals with Pro-Trump dress at Grammys
- WHY DO THIS TO TRUMP? Fox News Poll reveals anti-Trump sentiment
- WOW! Amazing video of New Yorkers lifting a car to get woman out from underneath
- HYPOCRISY: Dems seeking to impeach Trump for blocking aid to Ukraine, voted against the same thing
- VIDEO: Schiff says Trump tweet is ‘intended to be’ a threat
- VIDEO: Dershowitz speaks out on case Democrats laid out in Senate trial
- BREAKING: Three rockets make ‘direct hit’ on US Embassy in Baghdad
- REPORT: Biden shares why he believes he is polling well with black voters at NAACP event
- REPORT: Alicia Keys, Boyz II Men Pay Tribute to Kobe Bryant at Grammys With ‘It’s So Hard to Say Goodbye’
- WOW! Bolton alleges in book that Trump tied Ukraine aid to investigations