REPORT: Man Accused of Starting Alleged Sex Cult out of Daughter’s College Dorm
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News App offers the following information published by PEOPLE.COM:
A New York man has been arrested after moving into his daughter’s college dorm room nearly a decade ago and allegedly sexually and psychologically manipulating her friends to create his own alleged sex cult.
On Tuesday, New York federal prosecutors released the indictment against 60-year-old Lawrence Ray for multiple offenses, including extortion, sex trafficking and forced labor. The 22-page document details the system of abuse Ray allegedly used to manipulate his daughter’s friends.
The article goes on to state the following:
In late 2010, Ray moved into his daughter’s Sarah Lawrence College on-campus dorm room during her sophomore year. Shortly thereafter, he began giving “therapy sessions” to his daughter’s roommates to “help them with psychological problems,” the indictment alleges.
Assistant Director in Charge William F. Sweeney, Jr. said the “sessions” became a place for Ray, who “presented himself as the father figure in the dorm,” to condition the girls. Sweney said Ray led “these young adults to become unwitting victims of sexual exploitation, verbal and physical abuse, extortion, forced labor and prostitution.”
Over the summer in 2011, Ray allowed several of his daughter’s roommates to move into his one-bedroom apartment on New York City’s Upper East Side, and through them was introduced to their friends.
Those friends spent more time at the apartment, and allegedly became victims themselves over time, eventually “isolating his victims from their families.”
“For the better part of the last ten years, Ray has continued to mentally and physically torture his victims,” Sweeney said. “There were no limits to the abuse … and there’s no knowing the amount of damage he may have caused them in the years to come.”
Ray is accused of extorting approximately $1 million from at least five victims; forced some victims to perform unpaid labor; and cause at least one victim to engage in commercial sex acts, the report says.
The father of a former student at Sarah Lawrence College has been charged with running a sex cult out of his daughter’s dorm room for nearly a decade, authorities saidhttps://t.co/9zrqZmpiYN
— The Daily Beast (@thedailybeast) February 11, 2020
To get more information about this article, please visit PEOPLE.COM. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
DML News App offered you the above aggregated article preview as part of our ongoing effort to educate and inform people around the world about news, events, and politics. We encourage you to obtain additional information by visiting PEOPLE.COM
Trending on DML News App
- BREAKING: Top Pentagon official leaving Trump administration
- REPORT: Michelle Obama shares throwback photo of herself as part of new voter campaign
- REPORT: Assange lawyer claims Trump offered pardon in exchange for this favor
- VIDEO: Black Guns Matter founder mocks potential Bloomberg-Clinton ticket with ‘SUPER’ nickname
- UPDATE: New details about Daytona 500 driver Ryan Newman following fiery crash
- REPORT: Ex-DOJ Official Named In FISA Abuse Report Signs Petition Calling On William Barr To Resign
- First Look At Bloomberg’s Super Bowl Ad
- VIDEO: Meghan McCain gets into fiery spat with Joy Behar over Bloomberg
- VIDEO: Trump speaks out on AG Bill Barr
- REPORT: Attorney General Barr spokesperson posts statement