REPORT: After making Bernie sign loyalty pledge, DNC hires top anti-Bernie official
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News App offers the following information published by FreeBeacon:
The decision by the Democratic National Committee to bring in a man who has questioned whether presidential candidate Bernie Sanders is “dangerous to the future of the Democratic Party” has some questioning whether the party will be able to maintain neutrality in 2020.
The DNC’s new finance chair Chris Korge, a longtime Florida lobbyist, was a major supporter of failed presidential candidate Hillary Clinton in 2016, and he has already given $2,700 this cycle to Kamala Harris’s presidential campaign. On Twitter, he has made clear that he hasn’t gotten over the party’s struggle with Sanders in 2016, even retweeting a user urging him to stay out of the 2020 race, according to a Huffington Post report.
The article goes on to state the following:
The DNC went to great lengths to convince Sanders to sign a loyalty pledge earlier this year, making him vow not to run as a third-party candidate if he were to lose the primary. In return it made changes urged by Sanders, such as minimizing the role of superdelegates in the nomination process.
Even though Sanders nearly won the Democratic presidential nomination in 2016, he elected to remain an independent for his 2018 reelection to the Senate.
— Free Beacon (@FreeBeacon) May 18, 2019
To get more information about this article, please visit FreeBeacon. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
DML News App offered you the above aggregated article preview as part of our ongoing effort to educate and inform people around the world about news, events, and politics. We encourage you to obtain additional information by visiting FreeBeacon
Trending on DML News App
- BREAKING: Judge dismisses House Dem’s lawsuit over border wall funding
- BREAKING: Trump makes major announcement on deportations, DML responds
- VIDEO: Former campaign staffer charged with murdering ex-senator
- REPORT: ‘Baby Trump’ balloon expected to greet president at major campaign event
- TRUMP TWEET: Something weird going on at Fox
- BREAKING: VIDEO: Shooting at Toronto Raptors Championship celebration
- REPORT: Wife shoots her Army husband dead just days after he filed restraining order
- REPORT: Muslim Mob Burns Christian Church After Arrest
- REPORT: State Department identifies 23 violations, ‘multiple security incidents’ concerning Clinton emails
- VIDEO: Mayor of border town overrun by illegal immigrants blasts federal government