REPORT: Louisiana declares state of emergency
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News App offers the following information published by WAFB.COM:
BATON ROUGE, La. (WAFB) – Governor John Bel Edwards has declared a state of emergency for Louisiana ahead of severe tropical weather expected to significantly impact the state, he announced Wednesday during a press conference.
“This is going to be a Louisiana event with coastal flooding and heavy rainfall potentially impacting every part of the state. No one should take this storm lightly,” Gov. Edwards said in a series of tweetsWednesday.
The article goes on to state the following:
“We expect multiple parishes to declare states of emergency, and we stand ready to assist our local partners with all available resources. My office is in constant communication with FEMA and we will continue to provide updates as necessary,” he continued.
High-water vehicles are being moved into place along the Mississippi River in southeast Louisiana by the National Guard. They are also setting up command posts along coastal Louisiana.
— CNN Breaking News (@cnnbrk) July 10, 2019
Louisiana has declared a state of emergency as residents on the coast brace for the landfall of a potential hurricane this weekend. https://t.co/0eovqSpEFJ
— 12NewsNow (@12NewsNow) July 10, 2019
To get more information about this article, please visit WAFB.COM. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
DML News App offered you the above aggregated article preview as part of our ongoing effort to educate and inform people around the world about news, events, and politics. We encourage you to obtain additional information by visiting WAFB.COM
Trending on DML News App
- BREAKING: Democrats Kill GOP Effort to Censure Schiff
- REPORT: Pelosi Should Be President, Not That ‘Whore’ Trump, Singer Declares
- BREAKING: 2020 survey reveals Trump expands base, beating 3 of top four Dems, tied with one
- REPORT: Judge deals blow to Jussie Smollett
- REPORT: Democrats introduce ‘SWAMP’ Act to restrict Trump’s meetings with foreign leaders
- REPORT: Father blocked from stopping gender transition of 7-year-old son
- VIDEO: Sanders makes big declaration about Ocasio-Cortez’ future in his administration
- VIDEO: McConnell speaks out on Trump lynching comment
- BREAKING: White House nixes Trump picks to take over DHS
- CLAIM: Top Democrats reconsidering 2020 bid for WH as Biden stumbles, Kellyanne Conway responds