REPORT: Longtime sportscaster charged with felony after removing ‘racist’ word from sign
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News offers the following information published by TheHill.com:
Longtime sportscaster Warner Wolf has been charged with a felony after allegedly damaging a sign at his Florida gated community that he reportedly considers racist.
The 81-year-old Wolf surrendered last Thursday on a felony criminal mischief charge, according to The Associated Press.
The article goes on to state the following:
He was released on a $5,000 bond, according to BuzzFeed News.
Police say surveillance video shows Wolf removing the word “plantation” from the gate at Classics Plantation Estates in Naples.
WARNER GOT HIS WAY —
Famous sportscaster Warner Wolf got arrested in Naples, accused of tearing down part of a neighborhood sign.
See the pic? Says Classics…Estates. Used to say Classics Plantation Estates.
But Wolf thinks “plantation” is racist. Cops say he tore it down. pic.twitter.com/XBMOWR6qpc
— Jeff Butera (@ABC7Jeff) February 8, 2019
FREE WARNER WOLF!
Good for him! https://t.co/dgo9Kr9ika
— Tom the Dancing Bug (@RubenBolling) February 8, 2019
— Benjamin Freed (@brfreed) February 8, 2019
To get more information about this article, please visit TheHill.com. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
DML News App offered you the above aggregated article preview as part of our ongoing effort to educate and inform people around the world about news, events, and politics. We encourage you to obtain additional information by visiting TheHill.com
Trending on DML News App
- VIDEO: Florida sheriff just loses it while describing MASSIVE drug trafficking bust
- VIDEO: ‘Bombshell’ report on James Comey coming in two weeks, attorney says
- BREAKING: Twitter CEO called Rep. Ilhan Omar about Trump’s 911 tweet
- POLL: In a 2020 matchup, who would win: Trump or Biden?
- REPORT: Ocasio-Cortez suffers social media gaffe by criticizing photo of ‘GOP’ politician who is actually a Democrat
- BREAKING: Boston-area judge charged with helping undocumented immigrant elude ICE
- VIDEO: Baltimore Mayor Catherine Pugh is nowhere to be found, amid FBI raids
- REPORT: First woman elected to lead Dallas County GOP dies unexpectedly at 47
- BREAKING: Outrage erupts over $2M bill from North Korea for Otto Warmbier’s care
- REPORT: FBI, IRS agents search Baltimore Mayor’s homes, City Hall