REPORT: Limbaugh says Trump advised him after Buttigieg remarks
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News App offers the following information published by TheHill.com:
Conservative radio host Rush Limbaugh said President Trump advised him to “never apologize” for his comments on Democratic presidential candidate Pete Buttigieg’s sexuality.
Limbaugh said on his Monday show that Trump called him to talk about his comments last week that “America’s still not ready to elect a gay guy kissing his husband on the debate stage.” His remarks sparked outrage from some Democrats and prompted Buttigieg to respond on CNN Sunday that he doesn’t need lectures on family values from Limbaugh.
The article goes on to state the following:
The popular host, who revealed earlier this month he had advanced stage lung cancer, responded to Buttigieg on Monday by saying he “didn’t lecture him on family values” and sharing his conversation with the president on the matter.
Limbaugh said, the president called him and said, ” ‘Rush, I just got to tell you something. Never apologize. Don’t ever apologize.’ ”
Limbaugh said he had “no idea this thing had even bubbled up,” because he was busy “doing the medical thing.”
“I wasn’t even aware of this,” he said, referring to the uproar over his comments.
Limbaugh believes the adverse reaction is due to the fact that he’s raising awareness about Buttigieg’s sexuality.
“I think they think that there’s a lot of people that don’t know he’s gay and that I sort of dropped the dime on it and let people who otherwise didn’t know that Mayor Pete is gay,” he said.
Read more about Limbaugh’s comments about Buttigieg here:
To get more information about this article, please visit TheHill.com. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
DML News App offered you the above aggregated article preview as part of our ongoing effort to educate and inform people around the world about news, events, and politics. We encourage you to obtain additional information by visiting TheHill.com
Trending on DML News App
- REPORT: New ‘hot spot’ state: Coronavirus cases jump 42 percent in one day
- REPORT: Romney joins Dem senator to send ‘warning’ to Trump
- REPORT: Scientists warn about one way COVID-19 can be transmitted
- REPORT: Republicans rip ‘partisan’ Pelosi panel on coronavirus response: ‘This isn’t about oversight’
- REPORT: Experts, Trump advisers doubt White House coronavirus deaths estimate
- POLL: Is Pelosi using the coronavirus pandemic to try to take down Trump?
- VIDEO: Healthy 39-year-old DJ died of coronavirus. What his young widow and daughter want you to know [PHOTOS]
- VIDEO: Dolly Parton shares video message about coronavirus pandemic
- TRUMP TWEETS: ‘Great news’ and big thanks in series of posts
- VIDEO: Bernie Sanders snaps at crying baby at campaign event