REPORT: Liberals eye win over conservatives in key presidential swing state
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News offers the following information published by APNEWS.COM:
MADISON, Wis. (AP) — Wisconsin liberals hope to take a key step this spring toward breaking a long conservative stranglehold on the state’s Supreme Court, in an election that could also serve as a barometer of the political mood in a key presidential swing state.
If the liberal-backed candidate wins the April 2 state Supreme Court race, liberals would be in prime position to take over the court when the next seat comes up in 2020 — during a presidential primary when Democrats expect to benefit from strong turnout.
The article goes on to state the following:
The bitterly partisan court, which conservatives have controlled since 2008, has upheld several polarizing Republican-backed laws, none more so than former GOP Gov. Scott Walker’s law that essentially eliminated collective bargaining for public workers.
Liberals view Wisconsin Supreme Court race this April as a stepping stone to breaking conservative control of the court in 2020. https://t.co/Bly2wqWDsJ
— AP Central U.S. (@APCentralRegion) February 10, 2019
To get more information about this article, please visit APNEWS.COM. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
DML News App offered you the above aggregated article preview as part of our ongoing effort to educate and inform people around the world about news, events, and politics. We encourage you to obtain additional information by visiting APNEWS.COM
Trending on DML News App
- VIDEO: ‘Bombshell’ report on James Comey coming in two weeks, attorney says
- VIDEO: Florida sheriff just loses it while describing MASSIVE drug trafficking bust
- BREAKING: Twitter CEO called Rep. Ilhan Omar about Trump’s 911 tweet
- REPORT: Ocasio-Cortez suffers social media gaffe by criticizing photo of ‘GOP’ politician who is actually a Democrat
- VIDEO: R. Kelly Civil Lawsuit Ends In Default Judgement Against Singer–See Why
- BREAKING: Outrage erupts over $2M bill from North Korea for Otto Warmbier’s care
- REPORT: First woman elected to lead Dallas County GOP dies unexpectedly at 47
- REPORT: FBI, IRS agents search Baltimore Mayor’s homes, City Hall
- BREAKING: Boston-area judge charged with helping undocumented immigrant elude ICE
- VIDEO: Joe Biden says he wants to make America ‘straight’ again