REPORT: Liberal Dem takes major swipe at Biden over marijuana stance
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News App offers the following information published by TheHill.com:
Rep. Pramila Jayapal (D-Wash.) hit back at Joe Biden after the former vice president said he wouldn’t legalize marijuana on a federal level if elected president due to concerns that it could be a “gateway drug,” leading to the use of harder, more addictive substances.
While speaking at town hall in Las Vegas over the weekend, Biden defended his reasoning for not supporting the legalization of marijuana on a federal level, arguing that more research needs to be done over its potential adverse affects.
The article goes on to state the following:
“The truth of the matter is, there’s not nearly been enough evidence that has been acquired as to whether or not it is a gateway drug,” Biden said Saturday, according to Business Insider. “It’s a debate, and I want a lot more before I legalize it nationally. I want to make sure we know a lot more about the science behind it.”
“It is not,” Jayapal tweeted. “Prohibition is a gateway to racist policing practices and mass incarceration, though,” she added.
It is not.
Prohibition is a gateway to racist policing practices and mass incarceration, though.https://t.co/2l5fI46Ydu
— Pramila Jayapal (@PramilaJayapal) November 18, 2019
WATCH DML’s Facebook Live news report (Mon – Nov 18):
To get more information about this article, please visit TheHill.com. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
DML News App offered you the above aggregated article preview as part of our ongoing effort to educate and inform people around the world about news, events, and politics. We encourage you to obtain additional information by visiting TheHill.com
Trending on DML News App
- VIDEO: Trump Delivers Remarks to Rural Stakeholders on California Water Accessibility
- VIDEO: Jenna Bush Hager Reveals Chat She Had With Dad About Alcohol That Changed How She Views Drinking
- REPORT: Impeachment jackpot: Senate GOP announces record-breaking fundraising for January
- WATCH LIVE: Trump speaks at campaign rally in Colorado Springs, massive crowd waits over 24 hours
- REPORT: Former Obama AG Eric Holder tells conservative journalist to ‘shut the hell up,’ gets pounded in return
- BREAKING: U.S. slaps sanctions on five Iranian officials over elections
- JUST IN: Major retailer to close 125 stores, shed 2,000 corporate jobs
- VIDEO: Trump goes after Klobuchar during campaign rally, she responds
- VIDEO: Meghan McCain gets into fiery spat with Joy Behar over Bloomberg
- VIDEO: Rep. Nunes rips Mitt Romney, compares him to James Comey