REPORT: Letter emerges from Clapper revealing how he intervened in bid to save McCabe at FBI
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News App offers the following information published by WASHINGTONEXAMINER.COM:
James Clapper, formerly the Director of National Intelligence, penned a glowing testimonial to FBI Director Christopher Wray in 2018 in an strenuous effort to save Andrew McCabe’s job, calling the fired FBI deputy director a man of “self-effacing humility” and “impeccable integrity.”
The lengthy and apparently heartfelt handwritten letter by Clapper appeared amid hundreds of pages of newly released FBI documents made public through Freedom of Information Act litigation carried out by the left-leaning watchdog Citizens for Responsibility and Ethics in Washington.
The article goes on to state the following:
The note from Clapper to Wray, dated Feb. 25, 2018, came the same month that DOJ Inspector General Michael Horowitz completed his investigation concluding that McCabe improperly disclosed investigative information on the Clinton Foundation to the media and misled investigators about it. Then-Attorney General Jeff Sessions fired McCabe on March 16, 2018, just before his retirement was to begin, citing Horowitz’s conclusions.
Clapper, now a strident Trump critic and who served as DNI from 2010 through 2017, was effusive in its praise of McCabe, calling him “steady, straightforward, candid, forthright, and honest” and claiming that the “biased scrutiny” and the “firestorm of criticism” against the embattled bureau deputy “completely unjustified and profoundly unfair.”
The report states that, despite Clapper’s glowing letter, Horowitz concluded that “the evidence is substantial” that McCabe misled investigators “knowingly and intentionally,” and Sessions fired him a month after Horowitz’s investigation concluded, stating that McCabe “made an unauthorized disclosure to the news media and lacked candor — including under oath — on multiple occasions.”
When Andy McCabe fell under scrutiny for his conduct as FBI deputy director, James Clapper came to his defense with a glowing letter of praise.
McCabe was fired anyway. https://t.co/Wc4zYrHxrv
— Washington Examiner (@dcexaminer) September 10, 2019
To get more information about this article, please visit WASHINGTONEXAMINER.COM. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
DML News App offered you the above aggregated article preview as part of our ongoing effort to educate and inform people around the world about news, events, and politics. We encourage you to obtain additional information by visiting WASHINGTONEXAMINER.COM
Trending on DML News App
- GOT TO SEE: Joy Villa shocks liberals with Pro-Trump dress at Grammys
- WHY DO THIS TO TRUMP? Fox News Poll reveals anti-Trump sentiment
- WOW! Amazing video of New Yorkers lifting a car to get woman out from underneath
- HYPOCRISY: Dems seeking to impeach Trump for blocking aid to Ukraine, voted against the same thing
- REPORT: MSNBC anchor apologizes after appearing to use N-word describing death of Kobe Bryant
- BREAKING: Pelosi announces plan to REPEAL Trump’s travel ban
- VIDEO: Schiff says Trump tweet is ‘intended to be’ a threat
- VIDEO: Dershowitz speaks out on case Democrats laid out in Senate trial
- BREAKING: Three rockets make ‘direct hit’ on US Embassy in Baghdad
- REPORT: Alicia Keys, Boyz II Men Pay Tribute to Kobe Bryant at Grammys With ‘It’s So Hard to Say Goodbye’