REPORT: Lawmakers grill ICE official on family separations after Mississippi immigration raids
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News App offers the following information published by CBSNEWS.COM:
Washington — Three months after immigration authorities carried out aof nearly 700 undocumented workers at food processing plants in Mississippi, lawmakers grilled one of the officials who oversaw the operation over the decision not to warn local stakeholders, the lack of enforcement actions against employers and the separations of children from immigrant parents who remain detained.
Pressed by four Democratic lawmakers during a House Homeland Security Committee field hearing in Tougaloo, Mississippi, on Thursday, Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) special agent in charge Jere Miles said the agency doesn’t know how many children remain separated from parents who were apprehended during the sprawling operation in early August.
The article goes on to state the following:
“Do you realize how indicting that answer is?” Texas Congresswoman Sheila Jackson Lee asked Miles, who faced fierce questioning throughout the hearing.
— VIPortal INC (@VIPortalINC) November 8, 2019
— Clarence Thomas (@Clarenc68924032) November 8, 2019
To get more information about this article, please visit CBSNEWS.COM. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
DML News App offered you the above aggregated article preview as part of our ongoing effort to educate and inform people around the world about news, events, and politics. We encourage you to obtain additional information by visiting CBSNEWS.COM
Trending on DML News App
- VIDEO: Incredible video of undercover officer disarming man who stole rifle from police
- VIDEO: Dallas business owner trying to defend store beaten and stoned by rioters – DML responds
- BREAKING: Historic church near White House set on fire by rioters [VIDEO]
- VIDEO: Professor who predicted Trump’s 2016 win explains who he thinks will win between Trump/Biden
- Daily Deal: Miracle Me Mini
- REPORT: Sessions Admits Trump’s Frustration With Russia Probe ‘Not All Unjustified’
- VIDEO: Minnesota governor makes announcement authorizing National Guard
- REPORT: Police make terrible discovery at former home of couple arrested in abuse case
- VIDEO: Dozens of volunteers descend on Minneapolis to clean up after riots
- REPORT: George Floyd protester: ‘We are human beings that want justice’