REPORT: Lawmakers grill ICE official on family separations after Mississippi immigration raids
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News App offers the following information published by CBSNEWS.COM:
Washington — Three months after immigration authorities carried out aof nearly 700 undocumented workers at food processing plants in Mississippi, lawmakers grilled one of the officials who oversaw the operation over the decision not to warn local stakeholders, the lack of enforcement actions against employers and the separations of children from immigrant parents who remain detained.
Pressed by four Democratic lawmakers during a House Homeland Security Committee field hearing in Tougaloo, Mississippi, on Thursday, Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) special agent in charge Jere Miles said the agency doesn’t know how many children remain separated from parents who were apprehended during the sprawling operation in early August.
The article goes on to state the following:
“Do you realize how indicting that answer is?” Texas Congresswoman Sheila Jackson Lee asked Miles, who faced fierce questioning throughout the hearing.
— VIPortal INC (@VIPortalINC) November 8, 2019
— Clarence Thomas (@Clarenc68924032) November 8, 2019
To get more information about this article, please visit CBSNEWS.COM. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
DML News App offered you the above aggregated article preview as part of our ongoing effort to educate and inform people around the world about news, events, and politics. We encourage you to obtain additional information by visiting CBSNEWS.COM
Trending on DML News App
- BREAKING: Head of Burisma Holdings Indicted; New Links to Obama, Hunter Biden Revealed
- VIDEO: Prince Andrew’s ex speaks out on Epstein
- BREAKING: Rick Perry’s team pushes back on Sondland testimony, releases statement
- BREAKING: Britain’s Prince Andrew steps down from public duties, citing Epstein ties
- POLL: Was Gordon Sondland’s testimony damaging to President Trump?
- VIDEO: Fox News host declares Sondland ‘took out the bus and ran over’ Trump
- REPORT: Pence’s office responds to Sondland’s testimony claiming he raised concerns about investigations
- REPORT: Photo emerges of alleged whistleblower shaking hands with Barack Obama in Oval Office [PHOTO]
- VIDEO: Rep Turner Gets Witness To Correct Bombshell Claim, Debunks CNN Headline In Real Time
- REPORT: Results of Hunter Biden DNA test revealed