REPORT: LA Drops All Criminal Charges Against Black Lives Matter Leader, Including Battery On A Cop
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News App offers the following information published by The Daily Wire:
A civil rights lawyer representing a founding member of Black Lives Matter announced on Friday that the Los Angeles City Attorney’s Office dismissed all eight criminal charges against his client.
Dr. Melina Abdullah, a college professor who also leads the L.A. chapter of Black Lives Matter, was charged with infractions stemming from her anti-cop activism at LAPD Commission meetings. Charges included battery on a police officer, and she could have faced more than a year in jail if convicted. City prosecutors made a deal with Abdullah on February 7, agreeing to drop all charges if she adhered to behavior guidelines for six months.
The article goes on to state the following:
“While the dismissal of all charges against this noble warrior is a great victory, the battle for justice is not over,” attorney Carl E. Douglas, who is representing Abdullah pro bono, told L.A. Progressive.
“We intend to vindicate this violation of her civil rights by filing a federal civil rights lawsuit and exposing a corrupt police officer who wanted to silence this strong voice of change,” Douglas continued.
The video below shows the May, 2018 incident Abdullah was arrested for.
Fox11 Los Angeles explains: “Two women were detained Tuesday after an unknown powdery substance was thrown at LAPD Chief Charlie Beck during a police commission hearing. Sheila Hines-Brim, who allegedly threw the powdery substance, and Professor Melina Abdullah, who allegedly assaulting a police officer as police cleared the room, according to authorities. Abdullah joined us on Good Day LA to share her side of what happened.”
To get more information about this article, please visit The Daily Wire. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
DML News App offered you the above aggregated article preview as part of our ongoing effort to educate and inform people around the world about news, events, and politics. We encourage you to obtain additional information by visiting The Daily Wire
Trending on DML News App
- BREAKING: Lead singer of rock band passes away at age 75
- VIDEO: Omar responds to family of 9/11 victim who called her out at anniversary ceremony
- BREAKING: Saudi-led coalition reports evidence indicating who’s to blame for oil plant attacks
- VIDEO: Actress Traveling America Apologizing for Her White Privilege
- REPORT: Fisherman catches strange, ‘dinosaur-like’ creature [PHOTO]
- REPORT: Mike Pence’s nephew marries Kellyanne Conway’s cousin in New Jersey
- BREAKING: State of New York takes major action to get their hands on Trump’s tax returns
- VIDEO: Hannity and Gowdy clash over whether FISA report leads to indictments
- VIDEO: Father-of-three blows up home on day of daughter’s wedding
- BREAKING: NASCAR champ, 61, dies in plane crash near Rhode Island