REPORT: Kirsten Gillibrand blasts NRA for ‘dumb’ ideas like arming teachers
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News App offers the following information published by WASHINGTONEXAMINER.COM:
Sen. Kirsten Gillibrand, D-N.Y., voiced her opposition to the idea of having armed teachers during school hours during her interview with CNN on Wednesday. She blamed the idea being presented in the first place on the National Rifle Association’s “greed.”
“I’ve got three kids and I said very openly that I’m not particularly comfortable with teachers walking around with loaded weapons. I wonder what’s your response is to that,” CNN’s Jim Sciutto asked.
The article goes on to state the following:
Gillibrand said, “I think it’s a dumb idea and I think it is something being pitched by the NRA because all they care about is gun sales. They are absolutely corrupted. They are focused on greed and they want to sell guns to people on the terror watch list, to people with grave mental illness, with violent backgrounds or people with criminal convictions for violent crimes, which is why they’re against the universal background check bill that people support across this country, and it’s also why they oppose the Violence Against Women’s Act.”
Gillibrand also slammed the NRA last week:
Sen. Kirsten Gillibrand speaks in Goffstown, NH: “The real thing you have to do is you’ve got to take the fight directly to the NRA because the truth is, it’s about their greed and their corruption.” pic.twitter.com/RxiiACjcxB
— The Hill (@thehill) May 10, 2019
— Washington Examiner (@dcexaminer) May 15, 2019
To get more information about this article, please visit WASHINGTONEXAMINER.COM. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
DML News App offered you the above aggregated article preview as part of our ongoing effort to educate and inform people around the world about news, events, and politics. We encourage you to obtain additional information by visiting WASHINGTONEXAMINER.COM
Trending on DML News App
- EXCLUSIVE: Comey responds after Trump orders declassification of surveillance documents
- BREAKING: Facebook announces decision on viral doctored Pelosi video
- POLL: Do you support Trump’s move to declassify documents related to the surveillance of his campaign?
- BREAKING: Trump strikes, orders declassification of documents, cooperation with Barr
- REPORT: Schiff lambasts Trump’s order to intel agencies to cooperate with Barr probe
- REPORT: Pelosi’s daughter launches Twitterstorm, rips altered videos
- REPORT: Edward Snowden issues statement after Julian Assange charged with espionage
- REPORT: Mother and twin daughters starved to death in apartment
- BREAKING: Lone Republican blocks House passage of disaster relief bill
- REPORT: Brennan’s prized Russia informant suddenly imperiled by Barr’s new power