REPORT: Kennedy Center makes shocking announcement hours after $25 million bailout is signed
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News App offers the following information published by FreeBeacon:
The John F. Kennedy Center for the Performing Arts informed members of the National Symphony Orchestra that they would no longer be paid just hours after President Trump signed a $25 million taxpayer bailout for the cultural center, according to an email obtained by the Washington Free Beacon.
Nearly 100 musicians will no longer receive paychecks after April 3, according to an email from the orchestra’s Covid-19 Advisory Committee.
The article goes on to state the following:
“The Covid-19 Advisory Committee was broadsided today during our conversation with [Kennedy Center President] Deborah Rutter,” the email says. “Ms. Rutter abruptly informed us today that the last paycheck for all musicians and librarians will be April 3 and that we will not be paid again until the Center reopens.”
“Everyone should proceed as if their last paycheck will be April 3,” the email added. “We understand this will come [as a] shock to all of you, as it did to us.”
The email went out to members Friday, hours after Trump signed the CARES Act. The stimulus package included $25 million in taxpayer funding for the Kennedy Center, a controversial measure that received pushback from both Republicans and Democrats.
According to the text in the bill, the bailout was designed to “cover operating expenses required to ensure the continuity of the John F. Kennedy Center for the Performing Arts and its affiliates, including for employee compensation and benefits, grants, contracts, payments for rent or utilities, fees for artists or performers.”
Ultimately, the organization decided that the relief would not be distributed to the National Symphony Orchestra.
The Kennedy Center has not returned a request for comment at this time.
Kennedy Center Tells Musicians It Will Stop Paying Them Hours After $25 Million Bailout Is Signed https://t.co/9OgTfIv9uq
— Mollie (@MZHemingway) March 28, 2020
To get more information about this article, please visit FreeBeacon. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
DML News App offered you the above aggregated article preview as part of our ongoing effort to educate and inform people around the world about news, events, and politics. We encourage you to obtain additional information by visiting FreeBeacon
Trending on DML News App
- VIDEO: Ted Cruz torches Rosenstein on Russia probe in blistering grilling
- EXCLUSIVE: NYPD commissioner shares video of cops finding bricks left for looters
- BREAKING: Senate votes on House-passed Paycheck Protection Program reform bill
- VIDEO: 2 NYPD cops shot, another stabbed in neck during ‘unprovoked’ attack
- REPORT: Democrat senator calls for Barr to resign over order to clear protests
- REPORT: Florida city becomes first to ban gun sales and carry during ’emergency declaration’
- REPORT: Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez to NFL team, ‘Change your name’
- BREAKING: Pelosi says House will soon announce sweeping police reform legislation
- TRUMP TWEETS: Rips into Sen. Lisa Murkowski with fire and fury!
- VIDEOS: Bronx streets descend into chaos as looters run wild: ‘Fordham is on fire’