REPORT: Kanye West talks backlash for wearing MAGA hat and supporting Trump
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News App offers the following information published by DailyMail:
Kanye West spoke candidly about the backlash he has received for supporting US President Donald Trump as he compared it to life as a black man before he became famous.
The 42-year-old husband of Kim Kardashian is featured on the cover of the April issue of WSJ Magazine and talked about criticism he has received for wearing infamous red Make America Great Again hat.
The article goes on to state the following:
Though he told writer Christina Binkley he is not registered to vote and doesn’t follow politics, he said: ‘I’m a black guy with a red [MAGA] hat, can you imagine?’
The report states that Kanye expressed his frustrations over the backlash received from both his fans and critics, as they’ve made assumptions about him due to race, education, and his life as a rapper.
“I’m a black guy with a red [MAGA] hat, can you imagine? …It reminded me of how I felt as a black guy before I was famous, when I would walk in a restaurant and people would look at you like you were going to steal something. ‘This is your place, Ye, don’t talk about apparel. This is your place, Ye, you’re black, so you’re a Democrat,’ ” he said in the WSJ interview.
West has said that, although he is not registered to vote, if he had been registered in 2016, he would’ve voted for Trump.
Having money and celebrity hadn’t protected him, Brinkley wrote in the WSJ article.
“Everything is about putting people in their place. Classism, protectionism—not just racism,” he said one evening. “Classism is like living on a bookshelf. The more money you have, the higher you go. And you get to the top and look over and what do you see? Fear.”
Nine months ago I started tracking the creation of a hoodie, which turned into a puffer vest, which became a Paris fashion week collection and a form of redemption for its designer, Kanye West. Yeezy is a state of mind. Here’s that story. https://t.co/JhB1F7QDea
— Christina Binkley (@BinkleyOnStyle) March 25, 2020
Kanye West talks backlash for wearing MAGA hat and supporting Donald Trumphttps://t.co/rBD4fir3yH
— Daily Mail Celebrity (@DailyMailCeleb) March 25, 2020
To get more information about this article, please visit DailyMail. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
DML News App offered you the above aggregated article preview as part of our ongoing effort to educate and inform people around the world about news, events, and politics. We encourage you to obtain additional information by visiting DailyMail
Trending on DML News App
- REPORT: New ‘hot spot’ state: Coronavirus cases jump 42 percent in one day
- REPORT: Romney joins Dem senator to send ‘warning’ to Trump
- REPORT: Scientists warn about one way COVID-19 can be transmitted
- VIDEO: Healthy 39-year-old DJ died of coronavirus. What his young widow and daughter want you to know [PHOTOS]
- REPORT: Republicans rip ‘partisan’ Pelosi panel on coronavirus response: ‘This isn’t about oversight’
- REPORT: Experts, Trump advisers doubt White House coronavirus deaths estimate
- VIDEO: Bernie Sanders snaps at crying baby at campaign event
- REPORT: Biden Has Earned 11 Pinocchios From Fact-Checkers During Coronavirus Crisis
- VIDEO: WWII veteran recovers from coronavirus in time to celebrate 104th birthday [PHOTOS]
- REPORT: TWO cops from same police department die of COVID-19 on the same day [PHOTOS]