REPORT: Kamala Harris vows ‘her DOJ’ would prosecute Trump after presidency [AUDIO]
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News App offers the following information published by NPR.ORG:
California Sen. Kamala Harris says that if she’s elected president, her administration’s Department of Justice would likely pursue criminal obstruction of justice charges against a former President Donald Trump.
“I believe that they would have no choice and that they should, yes,” Harris told the NPR Politics Podcast, pointing to the 10 instances of possible obstruction that former special counsel Robert Mueller’s report detailed without making a determination as to whether or not the episodes amounted to criminal conduct.
The article goes on to state the following:
The article goes on to state the following:”There has to be accountability,” Harris added. “I mean look, people might, you know, question why I became a prosecutor. Well, I’ll tell you one of the reasons — I believe there should be accountability. Everyone should be held accountable, and the president is not above the law.”
The former San Francisco district attorney and California attorney general said she wasn’t dissuaded by the prospect of a former American president facing trial and a potential prison sentence. “The facts and the evidence will take the process where it leads,” she said.
Sen. @KamalaHarris tells @scottdetrow and me her administration’s DOJ would likely pursue criminal obstruction of justice charges against a former President Donald Trump. Latest @nprpolitics pod is up. https://t.co/7pf2NzTntG #Iacaucus
— Clay Masters (@Clay_Masters) June 12, 2019
Sen. Kamala Harris said she became a prosecutor because “there should be accountability. Everyone should be held accountable, and the president is not above the law.” https://t.co/uxRppbMXAk
— NPR (@NPR) June 12, 2019
To get more information about this article, please visit NPR.ORG. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
DML News App offered you the above aggregated article preview as part of our ongoing effort to educate and inform people around the world about news, events, and politics. We encourage you to obtain additional information by visiting NPR.ORG
Trending on DML News App
- VIDEO: Chris Cuomo Sends Sean Hannity A Message He Can’t Refuse
- REPORT: US Resident Admits Arranging Fraudulent Marriages So Individuals Would Receive Green Cards
- REPORT: Andrew Cuomo addresses Chris Cuomo ‘Fredo’ rant
- REPORT: McCain’s family, McCain Institute announces method to mark anniversary of his death
- VIDEO: Harris Faulkner Stops Former Clinton Advisor Cold
- REPORT: Warren draws crowd of 12,000 in surge reminiscent of Trump’s ‘surprising momentum’ in 2016
- VIDEO: Conservative actor declares Trump the ‘greatest president of this century’
- VIDEO: Fox News Anchor Fires Back At Trump
- REPORT: Eric Trump shares name of the president’s 10th grandchild [PHOTOS]
- VIDEO: Surveillance video shows what happens when illegal aliens try to climb new border wall