REPORT: ‘Just Calm Down’: Sheila Jackson Lee Sparks Fiery Exchange During Immigration Hearing
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News App offers the following information published by DAILYCALLER.COM:
Washington — Three months after immigration authorities carried out aof nearly 700 undocumented workers at food processing plants in Mississippi, lawmakers grilled one of the officials who oversaw the operation over the decision not to warn local stakeholders, the lack of enforcement actions against employers and the separations of children from immigrant parents who remain detained.
The House Homeland Security Committee held a field hearing in Tougaloo, Mississippi, on Thursday regarding Immigration and Customs Enforcement’s (ICE) arrest of 680 illegal aliens in August who were working at several food processing facilities across the state. Democrats on the committee complained that the agency did not warn local officials before the raid, and also chastised the operation for resulting in family separations.
The article goes on to state the following:
“It’s one thing to sit here and say ‘this is cruel, this is this, this the other,’ but it is the law, and the Congress writes and enacts the law. We don’t. The problem with looking at us and saying ‘you should exercise discretion’ is I honestly believe it puts too much power in the hands of police. Do you not?” [Jere Miles, the special agent in charge of the New Orleans office of ICE’s Homeland Security Investigations], speaking on behalf of ICE, said to Jackson Lee at one point during the hearing.
Jackson Lee disagreed, saying “It is not Congress’s policy to separate families and mothers from children. That is the policy of the president of the United States.”
Jackson Lee and Miles continued to disagree, prompting Democratic Mississippi Rep. Bennie Thompson to chastise Miles, telling him to “just calm down” and let Jackson Lee ask the questions.
When Miles said he was clam, Thompson told him to “be quiet,” the DCNF reports.
To get more information about this article, please visit DAILYCALLER.COM. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
DML News App offered you the above aggregated article preview as part of our ongoing effort to educate and inform people around the world about news, events, and politics. We encourage you to obtain additional information by visiting DAILYCALLER.COM
Trending on DML News App
- BREAKING: Head of Burisma Holdings Indicted; New Links to Obama, Hunter Biden Revealed
- VIDEO: Prince Andrew’s ex speaks out on Epstein
- BREAKING: Rick Perry’s team pushes back on Sondland testimony, releases statement
- BREAKING: Britain’s Prince Andrew steps down from public duties, citing Epstein ties
- POLL: Was Gordon Sondland’s testimony damaging to President Trump?
- VIDEO: Fox News host declares Sondland ‘took out the bus and ran over’ Trump
- REPORT: Pence’s office responds to Sondland’s testimony claiming he raised concerns about investigations
- REPORT: Photo emerges of alleged whistleblower shaking hands with Barack Obama in Oval Office [PHOTO]
- VIDEO: Rep Turner Gets Witness To Correct Bombshell Claim, Debunks CNN Headline In Real Time
- REPORT: Results of Hunter Biden DNA test revealed